Corruption of Ikaya - In Stock

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Just a quick heads up, we now have Corruption of Ikaya in stock, and pre-orders will be going out tomorrow!

Where are the maps in this book ???

Because A map is mentioned on page 17 (Warehouse) and i think there is at least one more map needed (dungeon levels in Ikaya).

Download anytime soon?

Okay - next problem...

Could it be, that this book is really a mess???

First ... missing maps (obviously).

Second ...

... what about Greyshadow and the other missing merchants? It seems, that an entire section is missing. On page 52 it is mentioned that Greyshadow is in location A7. But except of a short description of the room, there is nothing more! How does Greyshadow look like? What are his stats? What does he know? How does he interact with the characters? It's weird, because on other sections in the book, there are detailed descriptions about some NPCs (see page 21 or 36). Also, the other merchants (Sameul & Victor) are missing...

Without the maps (especially of the Ikaya dungeon) and (as it seems) some missing sections about Greyshadow and the missing merchants, this book seems to be nearly unplayable at the moment.

Please provide some Download material to fix this and i will be happy again. :D

Okay... NOW it's getting really weird...

I've figured out, that this adventure is just an updated version of the old "The Corruption of Ikaya" adventure from Signs & Portents Roleplayer - 39 & 40...

At least you can find the missing maps there!

Dominik said:
Okay... NOW it's getting really weird...

I've figured out, that this adventure is just an updated version of the old "The Corruption of Ikaya" adventure from Signs & Portents Roleplayer - 39 & 40...

At least you can find the missing maps there!

You mean the title didn't give it away? :lol:

Actualy your post was helpful as I was going to ask if it was the same adventure before placing an order. Now I suppose I should be asking if the next print run will have the missing maps or not instead :p.

I am getting ready to run the Corruption of Ikaya adventure and I have some questions after carefully reading it.

On page 19 it mentions "sighting a ostrel as sea." What's an Ostrel? I'm assuming it's a bird... I tried googling it but found nothing or use.
Also on page 19... "killing a galling." Once again... what's a galling?
Again, on page 19 - how would one go about "mortising" a piece of wood into the keel of a ship?

On page 26, it mentions the Giaks attacking with Ballistae at -4 CS... Is it safe to assume that Ballistae do X2 or X3 damage? Also, how many Ballistae would be on the ship? 2? 3? More?
Also, in the "Pillar of Rock" encounter it mentions that this Giak ship has catapults that it destroyed the magician's ship with but the catapults aren't mentioned here. Any thoughts?
Also, the stats for the Nightfire Rod would be appreciated since I'm sure the characters are going to want to take it.

The adventure doesn't have any actual "healing points" in it but I don't see how heroes would be able to survive without them. Any advice on points at which characters can heal automatically to their maximum?
Thanks for the help, folks!

onelostroad said:
n page 19 it mentions "sighting a ostrel as sea." What's an Ostrel? I'm assuming it's a bird... I tried googling it but found nothing or use.
Also on page 19... "killing a galling." Once again... what's a galling?

"Baknar are large carnivorous creatures that dwell near the Kalte coastline. Their usual prey are Gallings or the smaller Ostrels that live at the sea's edge." is a quote from The Caverns of Kalte. I'm sure I've read elsewhere that, yes, they are birds (can't recall where though).

onelostroad said:
Again, on page 19 - how would one go about "mortising" a piece of wood into the keel of a ship?

Well, as "mortise" as a verb means "to join securely" and a "mortise" is a "deep recess cut into wood" put the two together and I think you've got a bit of an answer.

onelostroad said:
On page 26, it mentions the Giaks attacking with Ballistae at -4 CS... Is it safe to assume that Ballistae do X2 or X3 damage?

Well, considering that ballistae are essentially giant crossbows, at least X3, I'd say.

onelostroad said:
Also, how many Ballistae would be on the ship? 2? 3? More?

There's a deck plan of the ship (with ballistae positions marked) in Signs and Portents 39, (http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/signsnportentsarchive) which had the original D20 version of the adventure.

onelostroad said:
Also, in the "Pillar of Rock" encounter it mentions that this Giak ship has catapults that it destroyed the magician's ship with but the catapults aren't mentioned here. Any thoughts?

There is one light catapult in the deck plans on each side of the Giak ship. Also, as a "catapult" is "an ancient military engine for hurling stones, arrows, etc." ballistae are a type of catapult too.

onelostroad said:
Also, the stats for the Nightfire Rod would be appreciated since I'm sure the characters are going to want to take it.

Yes, I actually put out a post a while back with that same issue. There are stats for the rod in the D20 version: "Nightfire Rod: All Liganim carry one of these items. It inflicts 4d6 fire damage to a range of 200 feet and requires a ranged magical attack to hit an opponent. The Counterspell DC is 17. The one in this Liganim’s possession has only 32 charges remaining." I would say Counterspell for the new MPRG version would be DC 8 and 4d6 fire damage is twice the damage of a D20-version Bor handgun so could treat it as such. If I recall correctly from Lone Wolf's adventures, don't these sorts of rods combust upon death of the owner though, consuming both?

onelostroad said:
The adventure doesn't have any actual "healing points" in it but I don't see how heroes would be able to survive without them. Any advice on points at which characters can heal automatically to their maximum?
Thanks for the help, folks!

Well, I decided to go along with the Lone Wolf adventures and came up with the idea of regain 2 E.P. or 1 E.P. and 1 W.P. per sleep, with an extra bonus of 1 E.P. if you are sleeping on a very comfortable bed (e.g. in a good inn). Or, if sleep is interrupted/bad a character may lose 1 or 2 E.P.

Thank you for your help. I just wish the adventure was written in a clear fashion so we didn't have to rely upon our memories of what happens to a Nightfire Rod when the owner dies from the action books! :cry: :D

It seems to me that it is a assumed to much that we know how to fill in the blanks.

As for the healing points, I totally agree and that makes sense to me... I wonder why that has never been stated in any official rules (that I know of) for LWM?

Back