Core Rulebook Update 2022 errata; how have you incorporated them?

I was thinking of printing my errata into little sticky notes and paste them over the corresponding section. How do you handle the errata with your rulebook? I don't like the idea of keeping separate printed pages that I have to remember to cross reference

In the Traveller Core Rule Book 2016, I have:
* Handwritten notes in margins from travupdate.pdf (errata) in pen.
* Notes to myself penciled in.
* Extra information printed and glued in.
* The Traveller GM's screen, printed and glued into inside front pages and inside back pages.
* An extended contents opposite the contents page (see attached PDF).

Attachments

• traveller-core-rule-extended-contents-3-columns.pdf
    47.5 KB · Views: 15
I printed my rulebook out and had it spiral bound. When the errata came out, I downloaded a new copy of the PDF and printed out the changed pages. I then swapped out pages and took it to my local office supply store and had it rebound for a few dollars.

If I had the hardback, I would print out the relevant pages from the PDF, cut out the changed sections and glue them over the existing sections using something non-permanent, like rubber cement.

I printed the errata for 2022. Then I went through the CRB 2016, making notes. I ignored errata that was 1) already provided by the existing 2016 errata and 2) was specific to the 2022 CRB.

I have typed up the resulting text (it fits on a single page) and have submitted it to Matt Sprange, to see what use he can make of it.

Update 2022 ERRATA Applied to CRB 2016.​

Note: This errata assumes the 2016 errata has already been applied.

ERRATA (SOURCE)​

The source of these changes is: https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/pages/downloads-htm

Core_Rulebook_Update_2022_FAQ_Jun23_9a12acd4-29d9-4f69-b795-c94a5e398055.pdf

CAREER SUMMARY TABLE (PAGE 36)​

Change the Advancement roll of the Dilettante to INT 7+

NOBLE EVENTS (PAGE 37)​

In event 4, change Animal (riding) to Animal (handling).

CUTLASS (PAGE 116)​

Change mass to 0.5KG.

LASER PISTOL (PAGE 121)​

Change cost of TL11 laser pistol power pack to Cr1200.

SKIPPING ON DEBTS (PAGE 144, slight detail change)​

“Payment is 7 to 12 months overdue: +2” becomes:

Payment is 25 weeks to one year overdue: +2

BATTLE DRESS & HE VACC SUIT (PAGE 94)​

TL12 HEV suit removed

Weight (in KG) changed for all HEV

TL​
KG (Old)​
KG (Updated)​
9​
22​
40​
10​
13​
30​
13​
10​
20​
14​
9​
10​

SENSOR TYPES (PAGE 151)​

Add this clause:

EM (all): Sensors detecting emissions across the electromagnetic spectrum from low-frequency radio waves to gamma rays.

TRAVEL TIMES (PAGE 153)​

“All of these formulae use kilometres” becomes “All of these formulae use metres”

I was thinking of printing my errata into little sticky notes and paste them over the corresponding section. How do you handle the errata with your rulebook? I don't like the idea of keeping separate printed pages that I have to remember to cross reference

New forumite, and completely new to the Traveller game. To quote a famous youtuber whose introduction videos I recently stumbled across finally (after 40 plus years of gaming) got to me to check it out and had the same reaction he did

'OMG where has this game been my entire life'

Just got the Core Rules this last weekend, the Companion and High Guard arrived today with several more books on order and on the way. Anyhow I downloaded the errata to the Core Rules and just printed it out and stuck the 3 pages at the front.

Just as a suggestion though... might be really nice to take the approach ASL has with incorporating errata into its decades old main rules set.

have the errata given out at the same way as its 'sticky' method when you didn't get a simple replacement page to go into the binder. My suggestion would be an errata PDF with the various errata items in the same font and font size and one can (usually) apply the errata directly to the existing page.

I still have the Original Squad Leader boxed sets from Avalon Hill with all the rule book notations sitting on the gaming shelf.

Back