Core book

Golem2176

Mongoose
I'm not a huge fan of Judge Dredd. However, I love anything I can find on Atlantis. I will definetly be buying the Atlantis sourcebook. If it is done well, and I like everything I read, I will buy the core Judge Dredd book. Anyway, I just wanted to get some feedback on the core book. Is it worth it? How well can it be reverse engineered, meaning how much of it can be snipped and dropped in a hombrew dnd game?

Hello Golem,
Atlantis will be aimed squarely at the Judge Dredd game, rather than a genric system, though I guess it could be used with any contempery or futuristic system. I dont think that it will work that well with a fantasy system, but then again there is a wide selection of creatures there that you could very easily adapt.

The Dredd core rulebook is an excellent game and well worth picking up to add to your collection, even if you dont really know much about the character.

Marc

I've only seen the movie and am aware of the comics, but have never encountered one. Since I didn't know anything about the Judge Dredd universe at the time the movie came, I wasn't disappointed. However, I do know that a lot of people were. I just did a web search and found out about Judge Death, a character I know nothing about. Could some please tell me about him/her?

Judge Death... Dark Judge... with a Lisp, the son of a homicial dentist, and a undead genocidal monster from an alternate dimension, where Life itself became a crime....

Death is capable of possessing others bodies (which then mutate into his hideous ghoul form. Kind of a Grim Reaper with an attitude for maximised efficencey.

His fellow judges, are Judge Mortis, Judge Fear and Judge Fire. There are also two 'Sisters of Death' powerful magic weilding undead hags. Dark Judge incursions usually result in massive casualites, as their spirits leave their bodys when badly damaged, and simply possess another. Incendary Rounds seem to be the most effective weapon (except Judge Fire - where obviously water is the key)

Usually its Psi Divisions job to deal with them, with the other Judges containing them. Casualites usually are in the thousands (though Necropolis - when the Dark Judges took control of MC-1 resulted in millions - when coupled with the Zombie War with Sabbat, MC-1 lost 50% of its population).

Death has turned up a number of times, and more often is the nemesis of Judge Anderson, rather just Dredd (Andersons first appearance was in the First Judge Death Story - In which she captured his spirit in herself and encased her body in Boing (the miracle ricochet plastic).

Okay, I'm officailly psyched. Those links were quite helpful Arabin. I WILL be buying the core book (as well as printing out the pdf version I have). Thanks guys. I'm also going to buy the DVD, and try to get my hands on any other materials!

That's great news Golem. I'm glad you are giving Dredd a go and wish you good luck with collecting Judge Dredd materials. It gets addictive.

Post on this forum if you have any questions or concerns with both the Dredd RPG and also the entire story of Dredd's world. There are some great people hear who would be happy to help out.

Also, there are a few Judge Dredd yahoo groups you may be interested in joining. The most active one is simple called Dredd which you can join by emailing: Dredd-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Arabin

Arabin said:
That's great news Golem. I'm glad you are giving Dredd a go and wish you good luck with collecting Judge Dredd materials. It gets addictive.

Post on this forum if you have any questions or concerns with both the Dredd RPG and also the entire story of Dredd's world. There are some great people hear who would be happy to help out.

Also, there are a few Judge Dredd yahoo groups you may be interested in joining. The most active one is simple called Dredd which you can join by emailing: Dredd-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Arabin

Arabins right Golem, and you can add Dreddlines to the list of forums, though as of late its been a little quiet. Heres the url

http://com3.runboard.com/bdreddlines

If you need any help at all just give us a shout.

Marc

@Golem
Welcome to the entertaining universe of Judge Dredd, if you want to collect more Dredd material check out 2000AD magazine. It's pretty expensive for us here in the colonies but it's an awesome magazine and it's where Judge Dredd came from. Plus if you've ever played any miniatures games (english ones like VOID or Warhammer) you'll find that some of your favorite fiction writers and artists from those games have actually written or drawn some of the comics in 2000AD.

-Steel RAbbit

Yeah I have the original GW Dredd RPG and whenI saw it released in the D20 I was happy to see this great game rereleased. And with the chance of getting some great source material since the original release was limited in the source material that had come out. Then disappeared.
Now there are some great sourcebooks released to give your experiences in Mega City 1 or anywhere for that matter in the Dredd Universe.

being a fan of the comics for many a year I am glad to see this character get some light in the gaming world again!

Back