Converting Lone Wolf

Wordmaker

Mongoose
Okay, this might seem like an odd question, but how well have people converted the Lone Wolf rpg to other systems?

Just to get things clear, I have the core book, and I'm pretty much planning on buying every supplement that is released for it, regardless. But I do have some issues with d20, especially at higher levels.

I could easily make conversions for Tri-Stat or BESM, but I like the feel of each character type being a specific class, seperate from the others.

To that end, I'm curious about converting the d20 rules to Decipher Games' Lord of the Rings system, which uses a looser class-type system in which, as you gain "advancements", you choose to either increase skills, special abilities, or buy into a new class. It's a system which I like, and is still designed for playing highly heroic characters. Each class, or Order, has special abilities, a system which could easily adapt for the Lone Wolf abilities. The trick is getting the bonuses adapted for a 2d6 system as opposed to a d20 one.

You might want to have a look at HARP:

www.harphq.com

I don't actually have a lot (or any) of experience with it, but being a 1-100 system, conversion from d20 should be easier than to a 2d6 system. The HARP class system sounds like it would have a fair bit in common with Decipher's system (choosing from a range of abilities and skills to purchase on each level, multiclassing).

Anyway, I suggest you have look.

Back