Conan Official Store

Old Bear

Mongoose
Hi guys,

Anybody into Conan (and you're here, so I guess you count) might well be interested in checking out this site. Enjoy.

www.conancatalog.com

I saw a review on that $3,000 replica of Conan's Atlantean sword. The guy said it was far too heavy to be an effective combat sword, but it was about as faithful as a reproduction could get. If you're rich and love Conan, it's worth buying. Otherwise, you can get a hand-forged sword from a reputable custom smith for that price, and it'll be just as pretty as well as properly balanced and weighted for real combat.

Johannixx said:
I saw a review on that $3,000 replica of Conan's Atlantean sword. The guy said it was far too heavy to be an effective combat sword, but it was about as faithful as a reproduction could get. If you're rich and love Conan, it's worth buying. Otherwise, you can get a hand-forged sword from a reputable custom smith for that price, and it'll be just as pretty as well as properly balanced and weighted for real combat.

Yeah, but why bring a knife to a gun fight - we're in the modern times! ;)

slaughterj said:

Yeah, that's why I have a 1911, but some people like their display weapons to be effective and realistic. Just thought I'd throw that in for those who follow that school of thought.

Johannixx said:
slaughterj said:

Yeah, that's why I have a 1911, but some people like their display weapons to be effective and realistic. Just thought I'd throw that in for those who follow that school of thought.

Gotcha (and that's why I have a couple of Glocks ;) ).

slaughterj said:
Johannixx said:

In the UK a bloke can have a reign of terror with aballoon on a stick...

Mongoose Old Bear said:
slaughterj said:
Johannixx said:

In the UK a bloke can have a reign of terror with a balloon on a stick...

But I can defeat you with poo on a stick! Fear me! :lol:

Back