1 conan in diffrent costumes and on foot and mounted
2 the other heros and villians like vallaria subotai and bombatu
3soldiers from all the diffrentkingdoms like aquilonia and turanand so on
4native tribes men like the yogite cannibals
5Picts armed with hatchet spear and bow
6 pict shamen
7 creatures from hyboria like the grey ape

sabretooth tigers cave bears crocodiles and what not
I read there were only 2 boxed sets at first. Moreover I believe they will stick to Howard's canon, so you can forget your point 2, but there is Valeria, Belit, Taurus and Thoth-Amon and perhaps Xaltotun.

Anyhting you can't get elsewhere.

Men in mail?
Barbarians in loincloths and horned helmets?
Bowmen, pikemen, crossbowmen?

Nope - all of those are easy to find.

Picts! Thats the main one. Lots of barbarian mini's out there, but all of them are the big beefy type, not the pantherish forest type. "Red Indians" are, in theory, the closest, but 90% of these that I have seen have got rifles etc.

And Pirates - again there are lots of pirates out there, but finding some without gunpowder weapons is trickier. Not as hard as picts, mind...

To be honest, what I'd really like to see is for Mongoose to create army lists for Mighty Armies that "coincidentally" meet the descriptions of some of the Conan races. That way, we might get a wide variety of mass produced figures instead of two or three measely "Limited Edition" boxed sets that have no hope of covering the range of figures we would all like to see.

Failing that, minis composed of multi-part, interchangable pieces so that you can create almost any adventurer you can imagine. Something not unlike GW's Mordheim plastics, except with a more hyborian falvour, of course.

As Spock would say, it would be logical if all classes and all races were represented by a miniature, which still makes a lot, for a total of approximately 30 minis.
As a boxed set usually contains between 6 and 10 minis ... guesses are open.

Chello!

Mayhem said:
Anyhting you can't get elsewhere.

And Pirates - again there are lots of pirates out there, but finding some without gunpowder weapons is trickier. Not as hard as picts, mind...

Try finding some good swashbuckler minis sometime.....

I think Picts are the best choice to do, myself. And there has to be a Conan. ;)

Tony

The King said:
As Spock would say, it would be logical if all classes and all races were represented by a miniature, which still makes a lot, for a total of approximately 30 minis.
As a boxed set usually contains between 6 and 10 minis ... guesses are open.

I completely support the king on this one. I really don't want to see characters I don't use, I want figures that my PC's can use.

Try Reaper minis.

http://www.reapermini.com/store/customer/home.php?cat=5

The quality is excellent. Very detailed, very clean, no flash, etc.

Very Conan-esque. See the barbarians below:

http://www.reapermini.com/store/customer/search.php?substring=barbarian

http://www.reapermini.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=302&cat=0&page=1

Unfortunately, I don't recall seeing any pictish types. But they have tons of arabic/shemitish types as well as barbarians and basic fantasy types though.

One downside is that they definitely seem to have elf and vampire fetishes. But other than that...

Personally I'm going with plastics on this one.

I much prefer metals, but the amount I will need precludes their
purchase monetarily & in painting time.

I can suggest looking up the following manufacturers however, as
they all have either singles, or sets, that will do the job.

Plastics- http://www.hat.com
& Italeri

Metals- http://www.wargamesfoundry.com

Hope this helps...

PS The HaT site has some very helpful painting tips (especially for
plastics, but helpful for metals too)

I don't care for the Reapers line of barbarians - at least in terms of being a substitute for a Conan miniature. They are too wiry, they remind me of a wide reciever rather than a middle linebacker like I envision Conan to look like - based on the Frazette paintings. However, as miniatures to represent a variety of barbarians then they are totally cool for that.

- Hollywood

Mayhem said:

I have some great Gypsy minis. (Vampire?) They are very pirate-y!

Back