Conan Downloads

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys,

Take a peek at the Downloads section of the Conan site - some things there I think you might like :)

Wait a minute... This FAQ doesn't answer all the questions from the compiled errors thread. :cry: However, I do notice that many of my questions were quoted verbatim, making me feel special. :D

Still missing official answers to these:

Zingaran Trumpets: descriptive text missing from Pirate Codes, p. 342.
Claw and Bite AP Values for most monsters in Bestiary.

Allow me to pile on with a thank-you. I'll be content now until the errata document is available.

Ahh, fudge it – I was already content. The errata will give me a happy feeling down in my hiney-bone. :)

Thanks, Matt!

I suppose I will stop complaining about the teeny-tiny pic of the Road of Kings cover. For now. :)

Hi guys,

Consider this V1 of the FAQ - we will update it but wanted to get something out ASAP.

As for the Road of Kings cover, let me work on that :)

msprange said:
Hi guys,
Consider this V1 of the FAQ - we will update it but wanted to get something out ASAP.
As for the Road of Kings cover, let me work on that :)

corkysm60.gif
corkysm60.gif
corkysm60.gif

You might wish to change all references to Wheel of Death to Web of Death in your FAQ.

Also, given the table on page 85 lists Sleight of Hands as a class skill for Scholars, you might wish to rethink your answer about Conjuring...

When a FAQ needs an errata, something is wrong ... :roll:

Anonymous said:

You can have something *right*, or you can have something *right now*

People were demanding the latter.

Anonymous said:
You might wish to change all references to Wheel of Death to Web of Death in your FAQ.

Also, given the table on page 85 lists Sleight of Hands as a class skill for Scholars, you might wish to rethink your answer about Conjuring...

Well! Apparently all some people like to do is find fault with others, you have some serious issues "Guest" and cowardice and arrogance are probably the least of them.

Since the feat is referred to as "Wheel of Death" in the Barbarian class description I would infer that the name "Web of death" is in error and should be errata'd, hence the FAQ is right and the name will probably be changed in the forthcoming errata. Personally "Wheel of death" make more sense to me!

Seeing as the Class Description for Scholars does not list Sleight of Hands as a class skill I would assume bases on the answers in the FAQ that the Table on page 85 is in Error.
---------------------------------
Midnight
Laval, Quebec
Canada

"...and men shall come to fear the hour of ... Midnight!!"

Midnight said:
Well! Apparently all some people like to do is find fault with others, you have some serious issues "Guest" and cowardice and arrogance are probably the least of them.

Since the feat is referred to as "Wheel of Death" in the Barbarian class description I would infer that the name "Web of death" is in error and should be errata'd, hence the FAQ is right and the name will probably be changed in the forthcoming errata. Personally "Wheel of death" make more sense to me!

Seeing as the Class Description for Scholars does not list Sleight of Hands as a class skill I would assume bases on the answers in the FAQ that the Table on page 85 is in Error

I happen to think that since we paid good money for a book supposedly in order, we're entitled to receive what we paid for. But hey, what do I know, I am just a cowardly customer after all...

As for your answers, nothing is certain.

Take Sleight of Hands for instance. It's in the main Skill Table AND is referenced in the prerequisite for Conjuring. If it had been added to the class description for scholars, we would have a system in working order.

So, add it on one page or delete it on two? Logic would dictate the former.

Oh, and I fail to see the difference between being known as "Guest" or as "Midnight". I do assume it's not your real name either, eh?

Just as a clarification, "Wheel of Death" and "Web of Death" are two separate abilities. Barbarians get "Wheel" as a class ability, while "Web" is a feat that does a different thing.

Any Scholar is going to have a decent Intelligence, yes? Thus they'll have bonus skill points that they can allocate any way they want, on a one-for-one basis. There's your Sleight of Hand points, right there.

It just goes to show, Guest, read and comprehend before bitching, er, posting.

Johannixx said:
Just as a clarification, "Wheel of Death" and "Web of Death" are two separate abilities. Barbarians get "Wheel" as a class ability, while "Web" is a feat that does a different thing.

Any Scholar is going to have a decent Intelligence, yes? Thus they'll have bonus skill points that they can allocate any way they want, on a one-for-one basis. There's your Sleight of Hand points, right there.

It just goes to show, Guest, read and comprehend before bitching, er, posting.

The "wheel of death" is referenced in the Feats section of the FAQ. Given the only feat of that name is Web of Death, the FAQ is wrong. Thanks for proving me right.

Take Sleight of Hands for instance. It's in the main Skill Table AND is referenced in the prerequisite for Conjuring. If it had been added to the class description for scholars, we would have a system in working order.

Yes, I believe this was already answered somewhere on these pages by the Mongoose Staff. Slight of Hands is not to be a Scholar class skill. They have to use their bonus skill points if they are to pick up Conjuring at the earliest possible time.

Anonymous said:
The "wheel of death" is referenced in the Feats section of the FAQ. Given the only feat of that name is Web of Death, the FAQ is wrong. Thanks for proving me right.

Point Conceded on the “Web of Death” issue, hey I can admit when I’m wrong!

I’m sorry if I came off being very Abrupt, but I’ve been lurking here for two weeks and I heard my share of whining about the typos. The Mongoose Staff have publicly apologized about it and have stated that they will endeavor to avoid these types of issues in the future. But Rather than allowing Mongoose the time necessary to produce a comprehensive Errata and FAQ the various whiners have been exceedingly vocal against the game and its producers forcing them to release a FAQ before it was truly ready IMHO. They are attempting to mitigate the bad publicity that the “Well I gonna return mine till they can get it perfect” or the “for $50 it better it should have been perfect and delivered to me on a silver platter” crowd. I paid $70 cdn and yet I don’t have any buyer remorse and I do not consider Mongoose irresponsible for allowing the bad editing to slip through. They’re Human, they made a mistake, they admitted it, and they are taking steps to correct it, and unfortunately they allowed themselves to being pressured in to compromising their standards again by a vocal and malicious minority. As another fallible human being that is really all I can ask from them. It’s not as if the editing errors are causing physical harm to anybody, they don’t endanger you safety and will not cause the death of any actual people; at most they are inconveniencing people buy making them think a little harder and figure out a few thing for themselves, rather then being spoon fed every thing. I just think it’s time some of these detractors grow up a bit and get their priorities straight (and I’m not specifically targeting you “Mr. Guest”)

Oh, and I fail to see the difference between being known as "Guest" or as "Midnight". I do assume it's not your real name either, eh?

No it may not be my real name but, it is a consistent Sobriquet I’ve used for several years. So on may RPG Boards It is my name. Plus my “Handle” is attached to an E-mail address so people, be it other members of the various boards I frequent, or the administration of the same Boards, can reach me to respond should I unfairly libel them or state untruths. Should my behavior become completely out of line I can be banned using said E-Mail address. Plus I have no compunctions about revealing my Real Name (Which is by the way Erik Menard, of Laval Quebec ,Canada)

On most of the board I frequent it is consider bad form to Post disparaging remarks about members or products while hiding behind a “Guest” or “Anonymous”. These types of comment are generally discounted, and therefore can have no positive impact to change the situation being complained about. Why do you think so many of use bother to take the 3 minute it takes to register and account with the board?

Midnight A.K.A Erik Menard

Back