Conan and the "Law & Order" franchise

DrSkull

Mongoose
It's a little spooky.

1) We all know that Vincent D'Onofrio, the star of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" played Robert E. Howard, the creator of Conan, in the movie "The Whole Wide World."

2) Olivia D'abo, who played the princess in "Conan the Destroyer" has a recurring role as an evil villian in the same show "Law & Order: Criminal Intent."

3) Gerry Conway, Conan comic writer from the 70's and 80's, and co-writer of the movie "Conan the Destroyer" is now a writer for the series "Law & Order" and has written many episodes of the show.

Have I missed any? Besides the fact that Maria Shriver, who is the wife of Arnold Schwartzenegger, who played Conan in both movies, worked for NBC, on which network the Law & Order shows all air.

Did perhaps Sam Waterson play "Thulsa's Hippie #4" in Conan the Barbarian? Come to think of it, I think James Earl Jones (Thulsa Doom in Conan the Barbarian) was a guest star on "Law & Order" at one point.

After watching Law & Order: Criminal Intent on Sunday, I noticed that Gerry Conway is in fact the Supervising Producer for that series. That links him, D'Onofrio and D'abo all directly with both Conan in some form and Criminal Intent. They should rename the show "Crom and Order"

Nice observations! I'm impressed!
If you can cram Oliver Stone in there as well I'm sold!
I have to re-evaluate this show I think...

:lol: Crom and Order :lol:

Good one!

/wolf

I just heard Jerry Orbach, 78, is leaving Law & Order (he's been Det. Lenny Briscoe since 1992) for a fourth Law & Order series, TRIAL BY JURY, coming this September... Maybe you can find some "Six Degrees" link to this and Conan?

I don't mind the Law & Order spin-offs so much, but rarely watch them. Heck, I was a rabid fan of the original series from the time I discovered it in 1996 in late night reruns and stayed hooked until too many cast member changes turned me off several years ago. I don't think I've watched much past the first season that sexy blonde came on (no complaints about her, just tired of the show). I catch an SVU episode on USA every few weeks, but that's it, and only if nothing else is on. The cast changes and lukewarm spin-offs I think contributed to my overall lack of interest.

DrSkull said:
After watching Law & Order: Criminal Intent on Sunday, I noticed that Gerry Conway is in fact the Supervising Producer for that series. That links him, D'Onofrio and D'abo all directly with both Conan in some form and Criminal Intent. They should rename the show "Crom and Order"

Interesting stuff, I'm looking forward to Crom and Order: Cimmerian Justice ;)

slaughterj said:
Interesting stuff, I'm looking forward to Crom and Order: Cimmerian Justice ;)

Where every case ends with Conan cleaving the offending party in twain with one swipe of mighty steel blade! ;)

Back