Conan and the Battle of 36th Street.

I couldn't we were not at my house. Don't forget eflboy cried. I loved that part.

I thought you using a little poetic license there also...I did not think he literally cried...Are these friends of yours? Love the way you made a midget and a girly man, that was good!

Yeah he is kinda tender. Well I call getting mad and tearing up crying. He was pretty upset. I can't blame him, his elf was everything to him.

René said:
The King said:
Next time don't forget to bring an axe along. :twisted:

BY THIS AXE I RULE!

Who said this when to whom?
Love that story :lol:

I can empathise, I've had this problem myself more than once. I too am wondering how old they are. Hey, our current groups play several games, I play an elf wizard in dnd, as well as a paladin, and two rogues, I'm on my third Cthulhu guy in as many games (lost 2 first session, don't know what I did wrong last game :lol: ), a scout in Deadlands. I had played Star Wars before I got sick of Lucas' s**t, I ran Pendragon before I dropped it to run Conan. Point is, each game is different, so play the friggin' game you're given, don't make carbon copies of the same friggin guy each game!! I've dealt with teenagers (when I too was one), twenty-somethings as well as a 36 year old. Age knows no boundaries to wierdness. :roll:

Raven Blackwell said:
BY THIS AXE I RULE!

The ultimate truth of all forms of leadership- force is the heart of all leadership, not tradition or morality. My table's no democracy- I've ejected about as many players as I currently have for misbehavior- yet I still maintain a hefty waiting list. Keeps the control in my hands too since my players know that there are others that covet their seats.....8)

Keep the faith- let the twinks know that there's a price for everything and that they are not as special as Mr. Rogers and their parnets tell them they are. 8)

Chairman Mao updated this classic motto with: "Political power comes out of the end of a rifle." Mayhap Mao was a secret REH fan... Heh heh...Still hate the lousy red bastard...

But anyways, this is classic stuff for the Knights of the Dinner Table monthly comic- they have a section for goofy gamer stories. Cracks me up every time. Funny stuff! :D

Thoth Aw C'mon said:
But anyways, this is classic stuff for the Knights of the Dinner Table monthly comic- they have a section for goofy gamer stories. Cracks me up every time. Funny stuff! :D

http://www.kenzerco.com/periodicals/kodt/kodtonline_current.php

8)

Thoth Aw C'mon said:
Chairman Mao updated this classic motto with: "Political power comes out of the end of a rifle." Mayhap Mao was a secret REH fan... Heh heh...Still hate the lousy red bastard...

I prefer the Braveheart view on hatred- "My hate will die with you." Let the dead bury the dead.

To further get back to the idea of force as rulership, I will note that it does not exclude morality. In fact a wise person will temper their desires with compassion for their people if for no other reason than they can if pressed hard enough overturn them with the help of a better leader(s). Witness the American Revolution. But if the people feel safer and more secure with the current leadership and feel they will lose out in a change in regime, they will fight to preserve it, even if it isn't the most enlightened of regimes. Witness the current American regime.

Raven Blackwell said:
Thoth Aw C'mon said:

I prefer the Braveheart view on hatred- "My hate will die with you." Let the dead bury the dead.

To further get back to the idea of force as rulership, I will note that it does not exclude morality. In fact a wise person will temper their desires with compassion for their people if for no other reason than they can if pressed hard enough overturn them with the help of a better leader(s). Witness the American Reveloution. But if the people feel safer and more secure with the current leadership and feel they will lose out in a change in regime, they will fight to preserve it, even if it isn't the most enlightened of regimes. Witness the current American regime.
Ah, now I'm waxing nostalgic for that old Fear song "Lets Have a War". Hmmm, I think I'll break out that CD....

Belkregos said:
Thoth Aw C'mon said:

http://www.kenzerco.com/periodicals/kodt/kodtonline_current.php

8)

Hoody-Hoo!!! :D

Raven Blackwell said:
To further get back to the idea of force as rulership, I will note that it does not exclude morality. In fact a wise person will temper their desires with compassion for their people if for no other reason than they can if pressed hard enough overturn them with the help of a better leader(s). Witness the American Reveloution. But if the people feel safer and more secure with the current leadership and feel they will lose out in a change in regime, they will fight to preserve it, even if it isn't the most enlightened of regimes. Witness the current American regime.
Whilst the American revolution was a much more complicated thing than it usually is porteayed as, that was a very eloquent statement. Nice one.

Back