Conan Adventures

Zen Ken

Mongoose
You know, I like sourcebooks and all. You know what I like more? Freaking ADVENTURES! You guys should publish more adventures!! Yes, everyone tailors their campaigns. I like seeing new and interesting fully fleshed out adventures that I can wrap my head around, disassemble, tinker, and rebuild. The Stones of Kovag-Re was great, and it fit perfectly into my campaign, and it felt very smooth to run.

Give me more mead, more women, a blade in my hand, and adventures galore!! Not just hook ideas, but a whole campaign of adventures that can be culled and selected at whim or will, stitching a fabric of battle lust and gold from Vendhya to the Black Coast into my players! Something I can weave into my own campaign with my own constructed pieces.

That's what I like. :twisted:

Zen Ken said:
You know, I like sourcebooks and all. You know what I like more? Freaking ADVENTURES! You guys should publish more adventures!! Yes, everyone tailors their campaigns. I like seeing new and interesting fully fleshed out adventures that I can wrap my head around, disassemble, tinker, and rebuild. The Stones of Kovag-Re was great, and it fit perfectly into my campaign, and it felt very smooth to run.

Not any good at taking adventure hooks and doing your own adventurers? I know there are a few available on the Conand20 list and were posted to the Sons list. Might want to check the forum here, been several adventure related threads too.

I'm sure Pirates will have something good. My Throne of Blood game might see some light after I've run it and see how it goes.

I can create adventures just fine, but I also love to read the thoughts and styles of other authors as well as culling and gleaning new ideas and spins to my own campaign. I find that I get more out of adventures than I really do get out of sourcebooks (Conan notwithstanding, of course, VERY fruitful information). As a plus, it's nice to thrown in a side adventure along a larger story arc to keep things interesting, and be able to weave into the fabric of the overall story! Let me know how your adventure works out!

Zen Ken said:
notwithstanding, of course, VERY fruitful information). As a plus, it's nice to thrown in a side adventure along a larger story arc to keep things interesting, and be able to weave into the fabric of the overall story! Let me know how your adventure works out!

Well lots of good threads posted here and you're welcome to take a gander at the online version of my game I'm running (see my signature for a link to it).

My game is based on some events from the story The Hall of the Dead and expanded upon in my own wicked way.

Anonymous said:
Zen Ken said:
notwithstanding, of course, VERY fruitful information). As a plus, it's nice to thrown in a side adventure along a larger story arc to keep things interesting, and be able to weave into the fabric of the overall story! Let me know how your adventure works out!

Well lots of good threads posted here and you're welcome to take a gander at the online version of my game I'm running (see my signature for a link to it).

My game is based on some events from the story The Hall of the Dead and expanded upon in my own wicked way.

Btw, that was me who forgot to login. :roll:

Remember the 'ol Stan Lee presents: The Savage Sword of Conan comics? I have some laying around about 30 or so. Seems to me that one could use that for source material for adventures.

Hmmm, 30 comics, 30 adventures . . . woo hoo. Not to mention spiffy artwork, that could spark adventure ideas.

PsyJack

Thanks guys for the information! I've been perusing your sites and recommendations... generating even more ideas for me. :twisted:

The Marvel Conan saga is now in recolored and bound in paperback form. Lots of ideas there, as you said!

Sadly, adventures just dont sell, though I would hazard a guess that a big hardcover campaign set in the Conan world would sell MUCH better than a small papaerback adventure.

As long as the books contain plenty of story elements, adventure ideas and information, ill be buying them, the only ones I dont like are rules heavy books. But so far only Scrolls Of SKellos has been that way, Road Of Kings is just brilliant and The Pirate Isles and Across Thunder River both look like they will be fantastic reads as well.

Lando The Archmagi said:
Not any good at taking adventure hooks and doing your own adventurers? I know there are a few available on the Conand20 list and were posted to the Sons list. Might want to check the forum here, been several adventure related threads too.

He might not have time to write them out. Or he might not be talented in that way. Take it easy on the guy, not everybody not everybody can write "publishable-adventures-that-can-sell-but-everybody-is-to-chicken-to-try" adventures like you.

Give the guy a chance and let him speak his mind, okay?

Dude --- if you have the original stories by Robert E. Howard, you can make adventures out of them using this site:

Conan d20

ff00041b.jpg

Back