Coming back - a few questions and offers

Kadorak

Mongoose
Hello everyone,

Shortly after beginning to really enjoy ACTA and get into these forums about a year ago, my health began to decay rapidly, eventually leading to me putting aside gaming and hobbying for the time being. Just yesterday I picked up my copy of the SFoS book, which had been lying around, and began looking at the ships as I sat around waiting for something. In the end, I was sucked in again and I'm interested in at least picking the game up casually again.

As I get back into the game, I have a couple of questions and a few things to mention or offer:

1. Does anybody have a copy of the Dilgar counters? The PDF linked to in the player resources 'sticky' post is broken.

2. I see a lot of stuff about the upcoming Armageddon add-on around. I'll just have to wait and see on the ships, but if Mongoose is fine with it being discussed publically, I would like to hear what the basic rules changes are.

3. One of my major interests in any gaming system (or anything for that matter) is custom stuff. Has anyone posted custom races/ships like many people did for B5Wars? Either custom ship stats or new converted models.

4. As a related note, before I got (even) sick(er) I was working on a bunch of such ships myself. I'd have to track down the document and see what state it was in, but would there be enough interest to justify finishing it up and posting it here? Obviously they wouldn't be ships for tournament play, so it would depend on how many people here like to play friendly or narrative games.

5. On a slightly more extreme version of the previous note, one thing I have been doing for the past year has been writing up lots of 'background' for a sci-fi universe of my own. I was considering combining this and my interest in game systems & content to create a variant of the ACTA rule system based on that setting. In the end if I do this will mostly depend on if I find the motivation, time, energy and enjoyment to do it, but if I do end up working on this, would others be interested? And what would Mongoose's position on such a thing be? It would just be for fun, not commercial at all, but I wouldn't want to intrude on Mongoose's turf or bring up prickly legal-ish issues.

Thanks,
Kado

sorry to hear you were ill, i'm hoping your return means you are somewhat better

ok 1 - alas no, maybe rich is making some changes to the site, I'm sure he'll have them up agains soon

2 - stealth becomes less effective, fighters whilst moving last fire first, e-mines don't get -1 on damage, they just can't crit. EA fleet split, some changes to ships stats and priorities, and some funky new rules on ancients ships

3 - kind of, both Rich Bax, and my self and morgoth have produced PDF's of main races wars, which include some lesser races. Both can be downloaded here - - http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hiffano/B5web supplements.htm

4 - I would hope so, depends what the stuff actually is and how it ties into the B5 universe. maybe a bit more info.

5 - If it's not for profit and downloadeable, I would hope Mongoose would be ok with it. they seem pretty good on the fan created front, mostly. .

Welcome back Karorak

Kadorak said:
1. Does anybody have a copy of the Dilgar counters? The PDF linked to in the player resources 'sticky' post is broken.

I have a copy on my hard drive. If you PM me with your e-mail, I'll send them on to you. (2 MB PDF)

Kadorak said:
4. As a related note, before I got (even) sick(er) I was working on a bunch of such ships myself. I'd have to track down the document and see what state it was in, but would there be enough interest to justify finishing it up and posting it here? Obviously they wouldn't be ships for tournament play, so it would depend on how many people here like to play friendly or narrative games.

It's always fun to see new ideas, and they might make an intersting game or two as a change from the regular fleets.

Kadorak said:
5. On a slightly more extreme version of the previous note, one thing I have been doing for the past year has been writing up lots of 'background' for a sci-fi universe of my own. I was considering combining this and my interest in game systems & content to create a variant of the ACTA rule system based on that setting. In the end if I do this will mostly depend on if I find the motivation, time, energy and enjoyment to do it, but if I do end up working on this, would others be interested? And what would Mongoose's position on such a thing be? It would just be for fun, not commercial at all, but I wouldn't want to intrude on Mongoose's turf or bring up prickly legal-ish issues.

I'd guess if you didn't significantly change the rules and game mechanics and just produced a seperate Fleet Book set in your universe with the relevent background. It will be kind of like Mongoose are doing with VaS, just creating a rules set. Basically to play the game in your universe, you would need a copy of your fleet book, any relevant counters/mini's and a copy of the ACTA rules.

Welcome back Kadorak, hope you're doing better.

There's several threads dealing with the updates in Armageddon, but hiffano's got the basics there for you.

There's also been a recent Narn war of liberation pdf released, sorry can't remember who put it up, but it was fan-grown material and was of the same caliber as Rbax's Dilgar documents, meaning Excellent! look around and I'm sure you'll run across it.

Chernobyl

Back