codes of honour

sanseveria

Mongoose
Uncle Bear`s recent thread made me wonder about more different kinds of Codes. Has anyone created any Codes of Honour for their groups?

Thanks,
SS

sanseveria said:
Uncle Bear`s recent thread made me wonder about more different kinds of Codes. Has anyone created any Codes of Honour for their groups?

Thanks,
SS

The magazine Signs & Portents had articles covering the Chivalric Code of Honour, Honour Among Thieves, and Zingaran Chivalry.

I wrote the article about the last of these, unaware that they'd already received and were planning on publishing the first one.

The magazine Signs & Portents had articles covering the Chivalric Code of Honour, Honour Among Thieves, and Zingaran Chivalry.

That`s great for someone with a subscription. Unfortunately for me I have to be more selective in how I spend my money and paying $6 US for one (or $18 US for three, plus s/h to Canada, which isn't cheap) defined code of honour is out of the question for me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure all three are great and would be a wonderful addition to my game, but until such a time (if ever) as Mongoose releases a Conan S&P annual I'm not likely to see these. I was wondering if anyone had made any codes up for their personal game.

Thanks anyway,

SS

This constant issue continues to come up .... S&P is too diverse to invest in...if they would at least split it between Sci Fi and Fantasy/Conan, that would swing me...

I'm missing brilliant stuff...but won't buy it. (but I do buy EVERYTHING else...now, is it money that is the issue or value?)

Voltumna said:
Would you know which S&P covers honour among thieves, thanks,

Three Sides of the Coin - codes of honor for thieves, nobles, and mercenaries - S&P #13.

The Kordavan Way - code of Zingaran Chivalry - S&P #16.

Jason Durall said:
Voltumna said:
Would you know which S&P covers honour among thieves, thanks,

Three Sides of the Coin - codes of honor for thieves, nobles, and mercenaries - S&P #13.

The Kordavan Way - code of Zingaran Chivalry - S&P #16.
Thanks, Jason. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on them if I can find them in a FLGS.

Steve Conan Trustrum said:
Thanks, Jason. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on them if I can find them in a FLGS.

No problem. I'm looking forward to see more of what you guys are planning with your OGL Barbarian line.

Also, if you are hankering to do more Mongoose-related OGL goodness, I think the fans of OGLs Steampunk, Ancients, Cyperpunk, Horror, and Wild West would be gloriously happy.

Personally, I'd be pretty pleased to see adventure-related things rather than prestige classes, but that's just me.

Jason Durall said:
Also, if you are hankering to do more Mongoose-related OGL goodness, I think the fans of OGLs Steampunk, Ancients, Cyperpunk, Horror, and Wild West would be gloriously happy.

Not a bad idea. I'll definately look into some of those

Personally, I'd be pretty pleased to see adventure-related things rather than prestige classes, but that's just me.
They're on their way. I'm planning on an entire adventure arc that should have fans of RE Howard and HP Lovecraft as giddy as school girls, but that's all I'm saying for now.

We're going to put out a few more prestige classes as beginning offerings, but then we'll be moving full swing into larger, adventure and rules oriented stuff as fast as I can write it. A good deal of the upcoming PrCs will be a bit more ... unusual ... than what we've put out so far.

Back