Co-operative creativity

Mayhem

Mongoose
Would there be any interest from other posters in creating a couple of co-operative threads?

By which I mean something along the lines of "101" crime blitzes, where posters add, in a standard format, a brief description of a citi-block apartment, the people who live there, and what crimes Blitzing judges might find.

The idea would be to create a useful resource for those running JD games. For example, maybe you have a plot in mind that will be sparked off by a discovery during a blitz. You'd want the judges to carry out more than one blitz before finding the important one, but why should you be forced to do all teh work yourself when there are plenty of imaginative people right here?

Or maybe you have players coming over but havn't time to write. Grab a few random apartments off the list, and run a Block Swoop.

Or maybe the details somebody else posts will be enough to inspire a much bigger scenario.

Anyway, back to the original question. Is there enough interest here to make such a thread viable? Or similar threads such as "101 small time perps" or "101 minor patrol incidents."

For "101 Crime Blitzes" I'd suggest a standard format like:

Occupant1: Name, age, job (or more likely what they are currently *not* employed at), Craze/Hobby
Repeat for other occupants
Prior Records: eg what the Justice Department already has on the occupants.
Crime 1: Crime, evidence, DC to locate evidence
Repeat for other crimes
Attitides: How the occupants react to being blitzed, and to being found out.

Anything else that would be useful, without going OTT?

Wasn't there a generic 59(c) generator in the GW Citi-Block supplement? I rememeber using it a lot when my players went of to blitz apartments just for fun.

numanti said:
Wasn't there a generic 59(c) generator in the GW Citi-Block supplement? I rememeber using it a lot when my players went of to blitz apartments just for fun.

That was in the Judge Dredd Companion. I never managed to track down a copy of Citi-Block, so I don't know what was in that.

I'll try to find the time to work out some blitz descriptions at the weekend - I'm amazingly busy at them moment!

Grimalkin said:
That was in the Judge Dredd Companion. I never managed to track down a copy of Citi-Block, so I don't know what was in that.

I'll try to find the time to work out some blitz descriptions at the weekend - I'm amazingly busy at them moment!

Hi Matt,
There was a city block generator and random crime event generator for crime blitz in Citi-Block, along with rules for using the floor plans for the then fledgling Warhammer 40,000. If you need a copy let me know as I think I have a spare knocking around somewhere.

Marc

Dredd Times said:
Hi Matt,
There was a city block generator and random crime event generator for crime blitz in Citi-Block, along with rules for using the floor plans for the then fledgling Warhammer 40,000. If you need a copy let me know as I think I have a spare knocking around somewhere.

Marc

Thanks, Marc - I might take you up on that!

I think it'd be a great idea, and a valuable resource for everyone. I might also try to pick up the old GW Companion book if there is info that is easily ported over. Years ago, I have a copy of the original GW Judge Dredd RPG with the shuggy hall floorplan etc. I have no idea what happened to it, but I wish I still had it.

Arabin

Looking through old posts and I noticed this one. I now have managed to get all the GW books, including the boxed Citi-Block floorplans. It's good stuff and well worth tracking down on eBay... though people bid aggressively on this stuff.

Arabin

Back