Clarificaiton needed for the Effects of Arrests in Campaigns

Loststarr

Mongoose
Today my gaming group started up a Judge Dredd campaign, the one aspect that we seem to have resulted on some confusion, is the effects of arrests in a campaign.
These Questions are

Do Successful arrests generate XP when a judge succeeds in the arrest.

Can a Judge make an arrest even if he does not need to ? e.g hes been shot at by a Perp, but decides to make an arrest attempt instead of shooting back

When resolving campaign injuries, it says Minions removed from failing Will to Fight Checks, are returned on a roll of 4+ with a +2 Modifier, does this include Minions that have been arrested?

If any one can clarify these points I would be greatfull.

Loststarr said:
Do Successful arrests generate XP when a judge succeeds in the arrest.
The rules don't specify, but previous discussion on the forums was of the opinion that yes they do. But that's not an official answer.

Loststarr said:
Can a Judge make an arrest even if he does not need to ? e.g hes been shot at by a Perp, but decides to make an arrest attempt instead of shooting back
Yes.

Loststarr said:
When resolving campaign injuries, it says Minions removed from failing Will to Fight Checks, are returned on a roll of 4+ with a +2 Modifier, does this include Minions that have been arrested?
No. An arrest check is a contested will check, but it is not a WtF check.

Some the concerns that have been raised if this is the case are as follows:

1. Arrest checks rely on only 1 contested die roll instead of 2. (such as when a model is shot, they get thier agility to try an dodge and an armour roll to resist)

2. For the average minion, this die roll always has an advantage to the judge who starts out with +1 to will (most regular forces start with +0 with a few exceptions.

3. It gives an additional way to gain XP that no other gang has.

I think you're overlooking that heroes and many models have ways around arrest checks. Further more, an arrest is only 15" range which is about pistol ranges in this game. This leaves judges widely exposed to enemy models while they attempt arrests and really is more of a hindrance than a help in many situations.

It's also worth considering that Judges also have advantages over other gangs when it comes to shooting and melee combat as well as will checks.

Back