Choosing a fleet!

Cake Lady

Mongoose
Hi

I have recently started playing Babylon 5: A Call to Arms but have been using my bf's ships up until now. Have tried playing as Minbari and Centauri but am looking at starting a fleet of my own. Has anyone got any suggestions about which would be the best to start off with?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Centauri are easy as are Narn, EA have a lot of choice, if you choose Minbari people will give you lots of cheese :lol:

BeerBoobs said:
Hi

I have recently started playing Babylon 5: A Call to Arms but have been using my bf's ships up until now. Have tried playing as Minbari and Centauri but am looking at starting a fleet of my own. Has anyone got any suggestions about which would be the best to start off with?

Thanks

Hi, and ignore any comments made by the N00b Burger. He cant play, and I am surprised his G/F has not dumped him for being such a loser :twisted:

Whats with the personal attacks Reaverman? You're missing the point BIG TIME. At least I have a G/F to start with.

BeerBoobs said:
ahhhh...narn are easy? that y Reaverman plays them then?

What are EA like?

Ea... little bit of everything really. They have like 2x the fleet list of anyone else untill armageddon arrives.

BeerBoobs said:
ahhhh...narn are easy? that y Reaverman plays them then?

What are EA like?

Yeah....right....dont try talking a fight you cant win BIATCH

BTW, what do you want in your Beef Sandwich? :lol:

EA are kewl ( I would say that I play them) they have a good selection of ships altho like the Narn their most poerful weapons are boresighted.

Now before some poxy Centauri or Minbari player tells ou this isnt an issue remember ignore them, they are losers!!!!

EA can be a bit finesse to play especially now as they are broken into 3 era's, each era has a different strength, fleet selection is all important.... unless you go for cheese - 10 x Sags.

BeerBoobs said:
Hi

Thanks

Most of the fleets play in a different fashion, is there any particular style of play you prefer. eg fast and manoeuvrable, heavily armed and armoured?

If you want a good opponent to you bf's ships (assuming they are just Minbari and Centauri) then the Narn are vary solid. They have a good selection of potent ships at Skirmish, the G'Quan are solid choices at Battle, and the Bin'tak is great at War. Frazi's are powerful anti-ship fighters and the fleet can bristle with energy mines.

The Brakiri are also a good, versatile fleet, and can easily team up with others in the League

If your not too fussed either-way, just get the fleet with the ships you like the look of best.

Depends. The Armageddon list splits them into Early, Third Age (same time as the series) and Crusade (after the A Call To Arms film). Early and Third Age fleets are relatively slow with good defences and plenty of integral fighters. Long range weapons tend to be boresighted lasers and missiles, with pulse and plasma cannons close in. Most of them have very good anti-fighter batteries. Crusade fleets are more advanced with a mixture of alien technologies (including Shadow bio-organics) but are weighted more for Battle + priority levels.

If you're looking for afleet with a one hit wonder, See Centauri. The Battle Lasers can be killers, especially considering the Forward rather than Boresight arc. I play Centauri, and have had mixed success with them.
That being said, Their secondary armaments? Kind of suck. 15in Matter cannons or 8 inch Twin Particle Arrays, unless you look at specialty ships like the Morgrath or Elutarian.

Centauri get better secondary weapons than EA. Range might be short but they have no weapons without any traits. The EA rely on a lot of single damage, no trait pulse cannons for secondary weapons, but even the twin particle arrays are twin-linked for the Centauri and matter cannons are AP, double damage.

The EA has one huge advantage, it is possibly the most adaptive fleet with it`s mostly all arcs fireround. half the vessels carry the most dice to the front, half to the sides (i`m talking pre Arma though, unless some, I cannot get my hands on the book) making it a triangle shooting zone. They will rarely blast a ship apart in a spectacular one shot wonder, instead `nibbling` vessels down slow and steadily.

And yaaarrr Cap`n Peg-Leg tank, if one is tha plank walkerm thatta be my ass matey

Back