Charged Energy pulse

Reaverman

Mongoose
In the New tourney rules it states

Every Auxiliary Craft that moves within 2” of a Vorlon ship that is not performing a Special Action will automatically suffer a 1 AD Anti-Fighter attack every turn.

Does this include if the fighter moves up, and commits Scanners to Full (on another ship nearby)?

Does it also apply to friendly models, ie other fighters from other fleets allied to the Vorlon player?

I'm assuming the "not performing a Special Action" applies to the Vorlon, not the aux craft, although it is a bit vaguley worded!

It states every aux craft that comes (or stays) within 2" takes the attack. So if a fighter moves into 2" range (or stays in 2" range) then it will take the attack, whether they are doing Scanners To Full or not. Friendly fighters will also take the attack, although Shadow and Vorlon fighters are immune, so its just your puny lesser-race allies you have to worry about ;)

could be worse, get within 4" of any of the other ancients with auxillary craft and you take 2AD of anti fighter hits.

But does the fighter get to dodge the charged pulse, if so, its not worth much cop. Most fighters will not have to worry about anyting really

Since it says performing an SA, it says nothing about what SA or to which ship the SA must be directed I'd say you could S2F another ship and be safe.

LBH

i would say that its if you move within 2" of a vorlon ship not doing a special action, basic english here guys, if was the other way around would be any auxillary craft not performing a special action that moves within 2" would be attacked. cant all be far out of school that you cant even remember your basic english :) and obviously the writers of these rules think you should understand it as we are in england after all.

cant all be far out of school that you cant even remember your basic english and obviously the writers of these rules think you should understand it as we are in england after all.

Actually I was pointing out the ambiguity of the rule, it can be read both ways.

By the way, if you understood your basic English properly, you would start your sentance with a capital letter ;)

Criticizing English on forums is a very bad idea... if you do it, make sure your own spelling and punctuation is flawless.

katadder, you have at least 20 "basic English" mistakes in your post.

The rule as written is ambiguous. Does it mean that every auxillary craft who does not perform a special action and moves within 2" of a Vorlon ship, takes the attack? Or does it mean that if a Vorlon ship does not make a special action, every fighter that moves within 2" of it takes the attack? Common sense says the latter, but as written it could be taken both ways.

Burger said:
I'm assuming the "not performing a Special Action" applies to the Vorlon, not the aux craft, although it is a bit vaguley worded!

I'd go with that meaning too, otherwise I would expect to read:

Every Auxiliary Craft that moves within 2” of a Vorlon ship and is not performing a Special Action

Back