Character Minis

Hionhurn

Mongoose
Anyone know where I can get good character figure minis for use in B5 that won't look too odd?

Does Mongoose plan to release any :?:

This is something that we have given a great deal of thought to. No decision yet, but we have a rather large meeting with Warner Brothers next month during which we will be discussing a lot of things for Babylon 5 (and one or two other things. . .).

Hionhurn said:
Anyone know where I can get good character figure minis for use in B5 that won't look too odd?

In the meantime (before MP sells some), you can still find the old Harlequin minis on Ebay...

I have managed to get quite a few that way.

They come in boxes of 5 figures.
There are normally 6 boxes for each season of the show.

The quality is generally speaking quite good, but there are a few exceptions.

Hope this helps.

petitbilbo

New Babylon 5 character miniatures!!! A possibility exists!!! This is great news. I have all the Harliquin boxes that were available in the states, but someone said that a few were only available in the UK. Anyone know which ones those might be?

Dunno Michka,

I only have a few of the boxes (can't remember which ones, they're still in the boxes from when I moved from Glasgow to Bristol 3 years back).

LBH

Anonymous said:
Dunno Michka,

I only have a few of the boxes (can't remember which ones, they're still in the boxes from when I moved from Glasgow to Bristol 3 years back).

LBH

I swear I was logged in!

LBH

msprange said:
This is something that we have given a great deal of thought to. No decision yet, but we have a rather large meeting with Warner Brothers next month during which we will be discussing a lot of things for Babylon 5 (and one or two other things. . .).

Okay, everyone start reeling out a list of every RPGable WB IP you can think of ;)

The Matrix?
Batman/Catwoman? (theoretically speaking WB should be able to license the rights to a movie RPG seperately to DC's own IP)
Harry Potter?

Matt (Sprange),

Unless we get it sorted out before then, while you're there ask them if they can give their DVD department a kick up the backside about the season 5 DVD problem!

If it comes up in casual conversation like!

:wink:

LBH

mthomason said:
Okay, everyone start reeling out a list of every RPGable WB IP you can think of ;)

Lost Boys (there's been a sequel in development limbo for quite a while)
Lethal Weapon (ducks thrown objects...)
South Park (Sweeet!)
Blade Runner

lastbesthope said:
But you'd need a house rule as to whether you went on 3 or 3 then go :lol:

Go with a pair of feats;

"Go on three"
"Three then Go"

The latter feat having a chance of Flat Footing the former :)

frobisher said:
lastbesthope said:
But you'd need a house rule as to whether you went on 3 or 3 then go :lol:

Go with a pair of feats;

"Go on three"
"Three then Go"

The latter feat having a chance of Flat Footing the former :)

Hee, hee!

I like it, I'll run it past my little bro, he's a bit of a gamer (plays a drunken dwarf in D&D, apart from the height it requires very little roleplaying :wink:) and he loves the LW movies.

LBH

Is there a TV/Movie cops RPG out there at the moment?

If not there should be :)

Though you'd need a whole set of mechanics for allocating and disposing of dependent NPCs when the plot requires it...

Oh, and some more WB properties...

Charmed
Superman
Smallville
The whole Looney Tunes franchise...
Constantine (this could be a good one...)
Termininator 3
The Dukes of Hazzard
The West Wing
Kung Fu

There are some old official minis by Harlequin. I got 5 different boxes off ebay cheaply. Unfortunately most the minis suck like almost every other mini by Harlequin I've ever seen. The heads are too big usually, very few details, boring poses etc. The better one's are just sub-average. Buy them only if you REALLY need everything with the B5 label on it.

Catlion said:
Buy them only if you REALLY need everything with the B5 label on it.

That's a little harsh. The alien miniatures (except Minbari...) are superb (Drazi, Markab, Hyach, Gaim, most Narn, Vorlons), the character models are a little less successful (Garibaldi, Sinclair, Londo, G'Kar notably so), though Marcus is superb capturing the character if not the likeness (if you see it, you'll see what I mean).

The Lockley and Ivanova figures work very nicely.

Buy them only if you REALLY need everything with the B5 label on it.
That's a little harsh.
A bit too harsh - at least for most of the minis. It's true that some of the EA characters and all of the (fiurst made, but last released) promotional minis (except Kosh) are rather sub-standard, yes. G'Kar Does have too big a head, true. Delenn does look kinda funny, right.

But the others... from Morden to Kalain, from Vir to the Gaim ambassador, from Ivanova to the Soul Hunters, they'd compare nicely to many, many other minis out there. Of course I've seen better (Hmmm... Ral Partha...), but I have also seen worse, much worse.

In the end, yes, a few very bad ones could use a resculpt if Mongoose would manage to bring them back as character minis. The rest though would provide a great basic stock to build from...
(And I really hope they do manage that - I would like nothing more than have more then a handful or Aliens; after all, human minis matching them in scale are not too hard to find, but getting more Narn would be hard... and I would Really like two Shadows to flank my Morden mini...)

ShadowScout said:
I would Really like two Shadows to flank my Morden mini...)

Me too - Though I'd need them to go with one of my PCs of old (though she was down to a single one by last play in the campaign, with no hope of reinforcement...) I really need to finish painting up my "spare" Lockley as her at some point (her and the rest of the unfinished mountain of lead...).

Back