Character Creation Example

Tyndale

Mongoose
I am working through the rules for the first time, and have stumbled on the Character Creation Example (pg. 38). Alexander Lascelles Jamison somehow gets promoted to 4th Office in his first term in the text example, but my understanding of the previous rules/table would suggest he should be at Senior Crewman since he started at rank 0 (Crewman) and was only promoted once. Help me understand. I am read the latest pdf and assume this would have been fixes as errata by now, so I am puzzled.

Thanks!

Mark

There are several threads on this subject - the example in the rulebook is WRONG. There are several errors and it appears that an older/unpublished version of the rules was used to create him and then not corrected when they updated the rules.

You are quite correct, somehow the example got 2 promotions when only one should have been allowed.

Rikki Tikki Traveller said:
You are quite correct, somehow the example got 2 promotions when only one should have been allowed.

Thank you, Rikki! And if I had looked a tad harder before posting, I would also have found my answer over at: http://dmckinne.winterwar.org/pdfs/ConsolidatedTravellerErrata.pdf. :D

m

Don't read the examples in the rulebook. Many were not updated. It is the bane of many RPGs where examples are written before rules are edited.

Along the same line, it states his survival roll to be a 4+, did I miss a modifier, or should it have been a 5+?

Thanks for the other info, it had me confused as well.

Back