Can we get some limits on the avatars.

big-gazza

Mongoose
Hi,
might sound picky but can we get some limits on avatar size. One has popped up today which takes over half the screen and makes the post unreadable.

It is a great picture but not what I'm here to see.

Gazza

They are supposed to be no bigger than 120 x 120 and 12kb. But there is obviously no automatic restriction.

For those with big avatars, there is a free image resizer here: http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

Almost all seem to be within 150 x 150, although anything up to 200 x 200 would be fine by my as an absolute limit (and quite possible to program into the forum code too).

I imagine it would be quite difficult to program into the forum code; Mongoose don't host the pictures, so all their forum does is send the IMG tags to your browser. The browser then goes and gets the picture itself.

The vertical plane doesn't bother me so much as the horizontal. I expect to scroll vertically through all posts.

However, it is a pain in the backside to scroll horizontally (can't use scroll wheel), so those with horizontal over 120 should be asked to resize them. 8)

you know, anybody with MS PAINT on their PC can resize a friggin picture. its not that hard folks. please have mercy on us - 800x600? sheesh...

Chern

(yes, its a pet peeve of mine also...)

Back