Can Grizzly Exo-suits Lock and Load?

darklord4

Mongoose
The description on page 7 describes Grizzly suits as being able to shoot two weapons. However, the Grizzly rules on page 37(and 36 for officers) does not say they have any rules that would allow them to have this ability. Marauders have the special Lock and Load rule that allows them to shoot two weapons.

Is this a misprint/omission?

I have heard others complain about dual firestorm Grizzly suits, but that doesn't seem like a good idea if they can fire only one weapon. The points of the suits say to me that the Grizzly can indeed fire only one weapon. The trade offs then are merely armor for dodge save and a heftier punch. Upgrading a Grizzlies weapon(s) merely expands its capabilities, so the points still stay even IMO.

Is there an FAQ or other ruling for this?

Thanks. I now agree that the Grizzly is underpriced. (I realize this has probably been beaten to death before...)

I would suggest a points increase or remove the lock and load, you can gain a good enough advantage by having the choice of a firestorm or rotary cannon on the same chassis.

If the LnL stays, maybe having dual weapons allows rerolls instead of more rolls while differeing weapons can both fire but count as a separate FZ so you lose a couple rotary dice.

Currently, the Grizzly way outmatches the cougar, why would you take a Cougar over a Grizzly except for maybe an officer?

Nah, don't change the point cost. I've played plenty of games with/against the Grizzlies and they're fairly balanced. That 2+ armor save doesn't mean much when forced to make 18 saves from Skinnie Boneshard rifles or LAMI Moritas.
All my officers arein Cougars, that 5+ rerollable dodge is too good to give up.

I agree and I'm a skinny player shooting at those said grizzlies!

People complain about the two firestorms but they cost 150pts with that set up, twice the cost of a venerable. Four times the cost of skinnie guard.

They're not undercosted

I've had 4-man exosuit squads go down to massed Skinnie fire so often it's not funny. Exos look overpowered on paper, but they take up a whole chunk of your army, especially when you start taking heavy weapons, traits, larger squads and corporals, not to mention that when you fire at them enough times they do go down. and if there's one thing the Skinnies do well, it's roll a shedload of dice.

Besides it is one of the important factors in making the Grizzlies work similar to the book style "Marauder" suit. Especially since they are such a huge points sink.

Definitely not underpriced.

but still,something has to be done to make the couguars equally viable choice-most people i know that would play exos said that the cogouars would most likely be used as officers only, with the squads being made from grizzlies. if the grizzlies are well-priced, then maybe the cougies need a point cut?

Methinks the Cougars are also worth their points. They might not pack the same firepower, but they make up for that lack in survivability. A 5+ dodge for a trooper is a good thing to have (especially if you're en ex-Jumpball player!).

Also, (IIRC), only scouts and officers/NCOs wore the lighter suits in the book (there were the basic marauder suits, command and scout suits). Unfortunately, their ability to pack and launch tac nukes didn't carry over from the book to the game. :twisted:

oh,they are worth their points on they own. but compared to the amazing number of shots the grizzlies produce(16 D10 with P2 multihit anyone?)
they just don't cut it as a unit.

KJ said:
Methinks the Cougars are also worth their points. They might not pack the same firepower, but they make up for that lack in survivability. A 5+ dodge for a trooper is a good thing to have (especially if you're en ex-Jumpball player!).

Also, (IIRC), only scouts and officers/NCOs wore the lighter suits in the book (there were the basic marauder suits, command and scout suits). Unfortunately, their ability to pack and launch tac nukes didn't carry over from the book to the game. :twisted:

Sure they did - Firestorms can launch Pee-wees, as per the MI rulebook.

I was not thinking the Grizzly was underpriced as a unit, but in comparison to the Cougar. As it is, I would give any officer a Cougar and all the others Grizzly suits. I'll take the extra weapon over a 6+ dodge any day of the week. As someone else stated, you could have a jumpball player with a 5+, but for the same cost(or very close), I could shoot up your has-been jump star with a rotary cannon AND a firestorm launcher.

Back