Call To Arms Removed From Mongoose Forums?

Chandler

Mongoose
HI everyone

I heard that when the new edition of a Call To Arms comes out the B5 forum will be taken down? Is this right?

If so why couldn't Mongoose just change the forum title to 'A Call To Arms' and make two sections, one for whichever the new game will be and the current B5 one?

because they won't be selling B5 stuff, and they won't have the licence for it, so they can't legally offer support for it.

Their is a fan run B5 ACTA forum available instead

Why don't they just rename it? I mean if they are going to offer a new version of ACtA, they still own the rights to their own products, right?

Cheers, Gary

I guess it depends if all the B5 stuff/ references needs to be removed once the licence goes?

If so its probably easier (if sad) to delete the present forum and restart with a new generic/ new licence ACTA forum.

It will also be interesting to see what B5 reference (unoffical) are allowed in future - given other licences have appeared here...........

If it follows what happened to the Starship Troopers board, the threads will be deleted, but there will be no problems with posting stuff.

But there is still 6 months to go.

Do you mean the FAQ's etc - they are already a download which I have and we can put back up in the new resources thread that I am sure will appear - plus over at the new B5 site.

Hi guys,

The removal of licences causes all sorts of problems in this area, and a clean break is normally the best way.

We can support SST to a degree, because it now has a common rules system with several other games. CTA is a bit different - while the new CTA will be called CTA, it will very much be a separate game (that is, the core rules will not necessarily be a core building block for other games).

However, we would fully support any fan-created forums and web sites whole heartedly, to the extent that we would be willing to feature the best in S&P!

Maybe, I mean the rulings from Rulesmasters etc. As far as I'm aware the FAQs don't cover all the little things that people ask that have been offically ruled by Matt. Normally people will post a link but those will be gone. It's probably a lot of work but just would be good to have it all somewhere if possible.

msprange said:
Hi guys,

The removal of licences causes all sorts of problems in this area, and a clean break is normally the best way.

We can support SST to a degree, because it now has a common rules system with several other games. CTA is a bit different - while the new CTA will be called CTA, it will very much be a separate game (that is, the core rules will not necessarily be a core building block for other games).

However, we would fully support any fan-created forums and web sites whole heartedly, to the extent that we would be willing to feature the best in S&P!

How will you stand about fan made resource packs being available as downloads from the new board? Also about conversions of older packs to new edition rules?

thanks

Da Boss said:
How will you stand about fan made resource packs being available as downloads from the new board? Also about conversions of older packs to new edition rules?

thanks

We have never had an issue with fan-made productions. . .

mollari_uk said:
Maybe, I mean the rulings from Rulesmasters etc. As far as I'm aware the FAQs don't cover all the little things that people ask that have been offically ruled by Matt. Normally people will post a link but those will be gone. It's probably a lot of work but just would be good to have it all somewhere if possible.

I imagine they will disapear.

Unless someone saves 'em.

Just out of interest, who else thinks that they'll leave Mongoose Forums when the ACTA forum goes... I know it is the only thing keeping me here at the moment in time.

There are a few other topics of interest to me here, not as much as B5 CTA of course.

Also depends of course on what replaces it. :wink:

If the minitaures line is good, may even get back into Megacity 1.(Last time I was there was in the old GW days, a long time ago).

I'll be moving on the alternate places i think. B5 ACTA is my only mongoose game. I did start runequest, which was a fine effort, but I prefer the older editions so hey ho. Not looked at traveller to be honest, but again, I am more than happy with old traveler (yes i am set in my ways, bring back AD&D instead if the mockery of the game that is 4th ed!!)
Obviously katadders forum will still offer fan stuff and chat for B5 acta, and Matt indicated they may offer some support still.

Sound like you really are getting set in your ways Hiff.

(Did you only like Hovis in the days when they had real butter). :D

Stonehorse said:
Just out of interest, who else thinks that they'll leave Mongoose Forums when the ACTA forum goes... I know it is the only thing keeping me here at the moment in time.
When B5 is gone from Mongoose so will I.
From now on I will only start buying new miniature games from companies that have better track records for keeping their products alive and pushing out expansions to expand on it.

Back