B5 Licence will not be renewed in 2009

Tolwyn said:
IMO there is a large to do liste for Mongoose to make a 3rd Edition worth.

- skip PL Systems
- balance criticals
- better beam system
- ini sink problem
- make larger ships worth
- improve the overall balance of ships

theres nothing wrong with the beam system... they just happen to be super weapons and B5 universe relies on them alot.. they have already stated that with less 'super weapons' the system works great

Ah crap... but well, not surprising, really.

Anyone noticed that IWM hast re-released the old B5-Wars style miniatures? Old Troligan, big Olympus/ Vorlon transport.

We have enough fleets in my gaming group (in fact, i guess I have too many - maybe I should sell one or two of them, I think I have about 8 or 9 - anyone interested in something specific? ;) ), so we´ll go on playing (if we ever find the time). Still, it´s sad that hardly any new players will get to experience the B5 universe any more - no new lost tales, the end of B5 ACTA, not much left to interest new people.

Guess that means I´l have to upload something in the next days which I should have finished a long time ago . it´s in no way in any state I would have liked to reach, but maybe it will find it´s way into some sort of fan-work collection or something like that.

Maybe we should set up a fan-based forum? there are already some highly frequented fan-pages (like Burger´s), that could be a good place to start an unofficial message board? I doubt MGP will be hosting an official B5 forum for much longer, instead switching to CTA 3e and their new setting (licensed? original? We shall see).

I´d still like to know what folks at IWM think about this...

Yes it is - what you think at least, but ultimately unfinished. I´ll , try to get some layout done, but it will in no way be able to compete with what the rest of you guys have already done. But hey, it will have to do... :wink:

Back