B5 d20 Timeline

I am running a B5 d20 game and would find a timeline very handy, especially one incorporating the events of The Fiery Trial... However, I found some apparent discrepancies between dates given on the Universe Today handouts in FT and those given for episodes -- and thus events -- in the main rule book. I assumed the main book had the correct dates and that the FT stuff just got missed in editing...

Does anyone know which is supposed to be correct/canon? Also, does anyone know where I can get my hands on a timeline? While I'm wishing, how about a nice day to day timeline of the whole show:D

They produced the Official B5 timeline in the last 6 or 7 issues of the official magazine from Titan Publishing, I use that when all else fails.

Also the two Babylon File books by Andy Lane are quite good for giving dates for episodes.

The Babylon File by Andy Lane ISBN 0-7535-0049-3
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_1/102-8411173-7014530?v=glance&s=books
OR
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...1392/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_10_1/026-6733076-1273204

The Babylon File Volum 2 by Andy Lane ISBN 0-7535-0233-X
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_2/102-8411173-7014530?v=glance&s=books
OR
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...1392/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_10_2/026-6733076-1273204

Hope this helps

Lastbesthope

LBH,
You sure are thorough!!

Nice of ya to put both .com & .co.uk links to amazon.
I'm used to people posting just the .com (I'm guilty of that one!) or just the co.uk version (ya ruddy Brits :) ).

It's cool to see someone actualy find & post both links :)

:bow:

Slingbld~

slingbld said:
LBH,
You sure are thorough!!

I am, I know. But let's face it, when my computer is no more than 10 feet away from any one part of my B5 collection of VHS (All of them, and I do mean all, I have both W/S and 4:3 versions of the movies), DVDs (All R2 releases), Novels (all except reprints/omnibuses) and the Official magazine (at least one of every issue) and every official or unofficial B5 sourcebook I've ever laid eyes on, I feel it is my moral duty to look up anything I can't remember off the top of my head if someone asks. :D
(My action figures and signed photos are in the other room :oops: )

And if you think this post was thorough you should see my posts on where the B5 TV movies fit in:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2453&highlight=

slingbld said:
Nice of ya to put both .com & .co.uk links to amazon.
I'm used to people posting just the .com (I'm guilty of that one!) or just the co.uk version (ya ruddy Brits :) ).

It's cool to see someone actualy find & post both links :)

:bow:

Slingbld~

Just trying to make it easy on everyone. I'm the kind of person that usually has the ISBN when he goes into his FL bookstore, it makes their life easier too after all.

As for being a ruddy Brit, I'm actually Scottish, born and bred, and see myself as such before being British, even though I've been living in England for almost 3 years now. No offense taken mind, but I will be forced to kill you or force you to eat haggis when next we meet (Your call which is worse, not everyone likes haggis) :lol:

You upstart Colonial you! :p

LBH, making the other geeks seem cool by comparison!

Lastbesthope
Happy to share the knowledge . . . .
"If it's about B5 and I don't know it, I know which of my books to look it up in"

lastbesthope said:
No offense taken mind, but I will be forced to kill you or force you to eat haggis when next we meet (Your call which is worse, not everyone likes haggis) :lol:

You upstart Colonial you! :p

:shock: :shock:

Death!!! Torture!!!!

ANYTHING BUT HAGGIS!!!!! :cry:

Slingbld~

slingbld said:
:shock: :shock:

Death!!! Torture!!!!

ANYTHING BUT HAGGIS!!!!! :cry:

Slingbld~

And what's wrong with haggis :?:
Like Max says in the movie Armageddon:
"My favourite dish is haggis. Heart, lungs, liver. You shove that all in a sheep's stomach then you boil it. That'll put some hair on your ass!"

But then, to turn to your request, as Londo says to Zack in Season 4 Episode 7 "Epiphanies"

Zack : "So what happened, they get tired of you back home?"
Londo : " Tired? Of course not, don't be absurd! Why the Emperor himself said I would only be allowed to leave over his dead body! I said "Well how strange! Mr Allen said I would only be allowed back on to Babylon 5 over HIS dead body!". With my very busy schedule, I can only accomodate so many requests. I know it is a burden, but you will simply have to wait your turn!
Zack & Londo : (Strained fake laughter)

Take a number and join the queue slingbld :wink:

LBH

Thanks for the reminder of what is in that horrid dish. :?
Now I no longer need to pay for my lunch. :x

My appetite just left the building for the day. :oops:

Slingbld~

Zack : "So what happened, they get tired of you back home?"
Londo : " Tired? Of course not, don't be absurd! Why the Emperor himself said I would only be allowed to leave over his dead body! I said "Well how strange! Mr Allen said I would only be allowed back on to Babylon 5 over HIS dead body!". With my very busy schedule, I can only accomodate so many requests. I know it is a burden, but you will simply have to wait your turn!
Zack & Londo : (Strained fake laughter)

:lol: :lol: 8) :wink: wow, that Londo is a funny guy.... that is one of my faverate lines from him. But he has had several.

Shalazar
Ever wonder why they could show Centauri "tentackles" on TV but not human?

shalazar_bation said:
:lol: :lol: 8) :wink: wow, that Londo is a funny guy.... that is one of my faverate lines from him. But he has had several.

True, but i think the funnliest line based on humour per word spoken, despite the long set up it requires. Lennier's comment to Sheridan after meeting him in the transport tube after the "Pleasure Centres" ritual. (Racing Mars" Season 4 Episode 10)

Lennier : "Woo - hoo????"

Sheridan's reaction is classic! :oops: :lol:

shalazar_bation said:
Shalazar
Ever wonder why they could show Centauri "tentackles" on TV but not human?

Off the top of my head:

1) Cos let's face it, the human "tentackle" is not the most aesthetically pleasing thing in the world.
2) It would push the certificate even higher and give Channel 4 (In the UK anyway) an excuse to cut the episodes even more.
3) Because unless you are EXTREMELY well endowed, you are NOT going to be able to steal cards off the top of the deck on the other side of the table with yours!

LBH
<Trying to put off finishing packing for flying to Glasgow tomorrow>
My 6 day weekend starts here, let the beer commence!
You gotta love Flexi-Time!

Yep that was a funny line as well, I always liked the charecter "Lennier".

I hope it explains what happens to him in one of the novels.

Shalazar
Hoping to find some minbari hybrid of my own some day :wink:

Back