Awesome news?

mikelosaurus said:
l33tpenguin said:
I'm guessing the Planet Killer would be on a scale closer to that of the space stations :p

The tiny metal B5 is also crap. Something to match the old Revell kit version is the way to go ;)

Well, I will agree 100% on that.

I'm totally behind anything that brings us bigger and better B5 models. And, the RM kit is decently close to the right scale :p I still need to get around to finishing mine.

mikelosaurus said:
l33tpenguin said:
I'm guessing the Planet Killer would be on a scale closer to that of the space stations :p

The tiny metal B5 is also crap. Something to match the old Revell kit version is the way to go ;)

I have 2 of those, unassembled and unpainted, naturally :lol:

LBH

mikelosaurus said:

I must admit, I ordered one and was very disappointed when it turned up. For some reason I was expecting something on a grander scale.

Oh well!

Regards,

Dave

Foxmeister said:
mikelosaurus said:

I must admit, I ordered one and was very disappointed when it turned up. For some reason I was expecting something on a grander scale.
1:1?

Scipio said:
Foxmeister said:
mikelosaurus said:

1:1?

I've actually contemplated, one day, building a 1:1 scratchbuilt starfury.

figure I could donate it to the smithsonian or something

l33tpenguin said:

Wow thats insane!

Now if there were a B5 space combat simulator game that you could hook up in the cockpit... :)

Scipio said:
l33tpenguin said:

Wow thats insane!

Now if there were a B5 space combat simulator game that you could hook up in the cockpit... :)

Oh what dreams may come :)

Rich

For some reason I can't play it using my existing joystick (afterburner 2). Also had a nightmare with my graphics, turns out my PC is a little overpowered for it lol.

Its a crying shame though, I always wanted to have a good B5 game that would take you through the universe. Just imagine fighting in the Minbari vs Earth war!!

Though I think theres a pretty good mod for Iwar 2 out there somewhere ;)

Rich

Buda 5 is ok, it changes only the ships, not the story. In addition there are some imbalances and bugs in the B5 ships.

Buda 5:
http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/iwar2/index.html

Here you can get a very very very good Freespace 2 Conversion:
http://mods.firstones.com/

I'll try this again as my last post on this thread seems to have gone AWOL...

I have been following this thread somewhat since it was first posted and was wondering if there was as yet any confirmation of the original letter/email that triggered the thread...
Is this for real?

Nevermind. I somehow managed to miss Page 2 the entire time. That is GREAT news. CBT-quality B5 models will be a welcome thing indeed...

It's great news and something that shows me that faith manages 8).

Iron Wind will also produce AOG's Fleet Action range. This hopefully meanes some new models will appear which never surfaced as full scale miniatures under AOG.

What gets me is how much models are still going for despite the fact that we now know that they'll be coming back into production before too long.
Examples like this and this. I mean, £22 for 4 flights of fighters? :shock:

neko said:
What gets me is how much models are still going for despite the fact that we now know that they'll be coming back into production before too long.
Examples like this and this. I mean, £22 for 4 flights of fighters? :shock:

*WE* know they are coming back, not everyone might have been clued in yet, though. The only reason I recieved that e-mail that I posted starting this thread is because I'm awaiting minis from TSG. Who knows when an announcement would have come out if that E-mail hadn't been released.

I figure that anyone serious enough about ACTA to blow over £20 on 4 Frazi flights would be serious enough to be keeping an eye on ACTA news and happenings.
Scratch that, even if the models weren't coming back, I figure that anyone blowing that much on 4 flights is insane anyway v.v

Back