auteur auteur! HAWKMOON'S SECRETS:

AURIKALKO

Mongoose
Hello!

I was wondering if Tierkreis' name meant anything (like a phonetical word, like, for instance, Joyeuse (joyous) or as an inside joke)... For me it doesn't ring a bell.

Failing that: how do you guys pronounce it???

Thanks
Au
rik
al
ko

It's from the German and it means zodiac.
You should pronounce it Tear-Christ (but without the ending t of course).

HELLO!

Isn't Count Zodiac a character in Moorcock's multiverse books/comics?

I swear I'd read about him somewhere...

Thanks for clarifying stuff
Aurikalko

Though I don't know the character from the comics, you're right about Count Zodiac:
http://www.hyperborea.org/journal/archives/2006/06/25/variations-on-a-theme/

Hello!

Thanks, thanks, thanks!

SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I had read that trade a very looong time ago (MM's Multiverse), supposedly containing the "final" (REALLY, REALLY, for sure this time around) battle twixt Law & Chaos & vaguely remember this character as a sort of metatemporal detective*. I don't remember if he was as mean & crazy as in Secrets, tho'.

Now, it seems as if Zodiac's Elric, on some accounts! :shock: :twisted: :shock:

whoah... KWL.
AURIKALKO
*No, I haven't read the new Metatemporal Detective omnibus... :shock:

Hello!

Doesn't Moorcock have a fondness for albisism & long hair in his characters? Aren't there several that fit the bill, besides You Know Who?

Thanks
AURIK
ALKO

Albinism is a signature trait for Moorcock. Elric, obviously, but Jerry Cornelius has been an albino too, and so has Erekose.

Other motifs are dreamers, those who are the last of a sophisticated, elder race, and the decadent, fin de siecle playboy.

These motifs reoccur throughout his books, and its fun seeing how he mixes and matches them in different and new characters.

Hello!

So, yes, not every albino in the multiverse is Elric, Mr Gar... but they seem to be special.

I was just referring to the Multiverse's comics, for the possible connections betwixt Zodiac & the Kinslayer.

Aurik
alko

Back