Armageddon FAQ

Yeah ill love a 2nd edition.

But please only when its finished, and when it has been proofread at least thrice.

No need for crazy A-F weaponry at crazy places.......

Voronesh said:
No need for crazy A-F weaponry at crazy places.......
You know that A-F weapon you're talking about was totally intentional ;) Bet you a cheese sandwich it's gone in 2e though...

Burger said:
You know that A-F weapon you're talking about was totally intentional ;) Bet you a cheese sandwich it's gone in 2e though...

I'll see your cheese sandwich and raise you a bacon butty that all AF weapons are gone in 2e :)

NOOOO, Don't kill e-mines...no, wait, e-mines aren't labeled as AF... Yeah, ok, go ahead Kill AF!

How can anyone turn down a bacon butty!

I'm a little bemused to hear of the loss of AF, are fighters dodge being reduced? will their be a new anti fighter mechanism? I hope this doesn't mean a switch to uber powered fighters again (although as Narn, what do i care... really).

Introducing the new Swat-o-matic.
any fighters coming near your ship are immediatly attacked by a giant fly swat.

Meh, doesn't bother me too much, as long as I've still got a GEG on all my ships, I don't have to worry too much about fighters :D

Hey, can Drakh Breaching Pods have GEG too? :lol:

Well from what Ive seen of Matt's unoficial Star Wars mod, Id guess that ships will have a point defence rating (a certain number of free dice to chuck at fighters that get too close before they get to fire (that may or may not ingore dodge depending how it goes (personally if it ignores dodge I would think were right back to fighters pretty much always dying before they can actually do diddly squat)...

hmm, not a big fan of that mechanic from playing the Star wars mini's game, It kind of limits long range AF kills, as i suspect it would have a 2" range. It might be set up like the Vorlons AF grid thing from armageddon

Hope Matt doesnt mind me posting this but this snippet is cut from the star wars mod:

Ships with the Anti-Fighter X trait automatically attack any fighters within 2” at the end of the Movement Phase. They will roll as many Attack Dice as their Anti-Fighter trait score indicates, splitting this between multiple flights if they desire.

Any Attack Dice rolled from the Anti-Fighter trait that equals or exceeds the Hull of a flight will automatically destroy it, ignoring any Dodge trait
the fighter possesses (though Shields still apply). Anti-Fighter rolls may not be made against flights involved in dogfights. However, some special fighters may also have the Anti-Fighter trait, which may be used just before a dogfight is initiated, as enemy fighters move into contact. Once the dogfight has started, the trait may not be used.

Locutus9956 said:
Hope Matt doesnt mind me posting this but this snippet is cut from the star wars mod:

Ships with the Anti-Fighter X trait automatically attack any fighters within 2” at the end of the Movement Phase. They will roll as many Attack Dice as their Anti-Fighter trait score indicates, splitting this between multiple flights if they desire.

Any Attack Dice rolled from the Anti-Fighter trait that equals or exceeds the Hull of a flight will automatically destroy it, ignoring any Dodge trait
the fighter possesses (though Shields still apply). Anti-Fighter rolls may not be made against flights involved in dogfights. However, some special fighters may also have the Anti-Fighter trait, which may be used just before a dogfight is initiated, as enemy fighters move into contact. Once the dogfight has started, the trait may not be used.

How's that been working out? It would seem to negate fighters altogether, which would be completely againest the lore as seen in the Holy Trilogy.

voodoomachine said:
How's that been working out? It would seem to negate fighters altogether, which would be completely againest the lore as seen in the Holy Trilogy.

Star Wars fighters are tougher than their CTA counterparts, have Shields, and the ability to use torpedoes from beyond AF range.

B5 ships have generally less AF fire and are relatively easy to mob.

yep I havent actually got round to playtesting the SW Mod yet (but I certainly intend to ;)) But as Matt says:

a) shields so it generally means you have to hit most star wars fighters a couple of times in a turn to take them out (and imperial fighters are there to egage enemy fighters mostly and if they go after capital ships they WILL die (but Imprial captial ships are much nastier anyway).

b) Most of them have torpedoes and/or missiles that can fire from up to 8" away and do quite signifigant damage.

How well this system would translate to B5 of course is debatable but if it WAS adopted I would hope fighters potency would be upgraded a bit to compensate.

Back