Arcania of Legend: Necromancy and Demonology

I happen to be writing a necromancy sourcebook for my homebrew fantasy Legend setting. I haven't the faintest when it's done, but I'd be happy to share ideas, spells and whatnot with people working on the same!

These books will be 100% Open Game Content when they are released, so you'll be able to tweak the content to your heart's content and legally publish or distribute your own derivative works...

As will mine, of course. I'd be happy to help with proofreading and stuff like that, as well.

Will necromancy and demonology be together in one source book?

I would really dig a big magic book with all the arcanias of legend together in one volume: blood magic, necromancy, demonology, etc.

Also, the Advanced Sorcery for Magic World (d100 compatible) will be available soon, which is awesome.

jux said:
Will necromancy and demonology be together in one source book?

I would really dig a big magic book with all the arcanias of legend together in one volume: blood magic, necromancy, demonology, etc.

Also, the Advanced Sorcery for Magic World (d100 compatible) will be available soon, which is awesome.

I for one, would like to see an add-on for Blood Magic detailing the promised "new concepts of how inherited bloodlines can provide mystical abilities", as well as maybe some effects for which the cost is measured in "number of voluntarily sacrificed lives" (potentially even including the caster!) for the various magic systems. The blood to power effects doesn't have to just come from others, after all, significant self-sacrifice should have some clout too!

I seem to recall Pete Nash mentioning that quite a bit of content was cut from the published version of Blood Magic (presumably for space reasons). Hopefully some of this material will resurface someday...

Back