Anyone received their Black Missions preorder yet?

Arkku said:
Authorship of the new rules seems unclear: the book itself lists Allen Varney as the writer/scapegoat and Gareth Hanrahan only as “additional material” (for reactor shielding?) while the Mongoose website lists him as the author of this edition. Was so much of the material written by Allen Varney that he retains the credit even though Gareth Hanrahan re-shaped it, or did they forget to changed the credit?
Haven't seen the book myself yet, but for the most part (say 90%) Gareth basically edited and refashioned my rules text from the original 2004 Mongoose edition. Gareth also wrote a new mission for the book, the fine "Quantum Traitor."

For the upcoming INTSEC rulebook (where you play Internal Security troopers of GREEN and BLUE Clearance), Gareth wrote quite a lot greater proportion of the text and introduced some new systems, so I hope the credits reflect that.

I have a version of that sheet saved for future usage (mainly as a way to mess with players heads when i spring the fact there commiting treason by using an outdated sheet lol) but a decent .pdf of the new one would be nice for usage once ive played that little trick and need to move on (though i bet i can fool at least one of my group again since he's abit absent minded).

Allen Varney said:
Haven't seen the book myself yet, but for the most part (say 90%) Gareth basically edited and refashioned my rules text from the original 2004 Mongoose edition. Gareth also wrote a new mission for the book, the fine "Quantum Traitor."

That's pretty much what I figured, but I was surprised that Gareth wasn't then credited as the editor instead of Charlotte Law. In any case I put you as the first author in the list of publications on the Wikipedia page on Paranoia.

Arkku said:
The illustrations are bad, but fortunately they are quite scarce. And less than half of them are annoyingly bad, the rest are just something ignored. Too bad there doesn't seem to be a single good illustration in there—doesn't bode well for the future if this is the artist doing the upcoming products as well (IntSec, etc). Personally I think a completely unillustrated book would be better than this.

Actually I don't mind the artwork - the older stuff was hardly first class. However I do miss some certain pics ("Troubleshooter gains bonus modifiers to his Chutzpah" and "Eviromental Suit on Rinse Cycle")

Cheers
Mark

I received mine :D but I'm really sad because the book is in really bad state :? :cry: and has suffered a lot during transport...

In France as well, and still haven't received mine…

And while I'm glad I ordered directly from the publisher, I agree it's a bit disappointing that pretty much all retailers I visited got it first. :?

Back