Any particular in-game effects to being a eunuch?

A

Anonymous

Is this a template, does it have any bonuses or negatives associated with it? And, yes I have a good idea of one of the negatives but I'm looking for stats and such things.

The character I play is a Shemite eunuch. I know of no rules associated with a eunuch character. We use it quite a bit in roleplaying, though. Whether it is nobles just assuming that I am someone's servant, or the fact that my character eschews a night of whoring for a good book.

In Adventure fiction, being a eunuch usually indicates that a character is:
a) Loyal
b) Unassertive

Maybe some Will save and Charisma skill modifiers?

Templates? We don't need no stinkin templates! A eunuch should be easy to do within the core Conan rules! :wink:

When I think of eunuch's I think of the dedicated eunuch bodyguard and the wicked eunuch warlock. The dedication and loyalty displayed by the bodyguard are clearly enough to justify an Allegiance, but I also think that it would be enough to qualify for a Code of Honor therby granting him a +3 on Will saves (+6 v corruption). Fits perfectly, not overpowered (considering the drawbacks are all RP) and no new rules required. As for the eunuch warlock, he is a classic villan so a code of honor probably is not appropriate. However, making the decision to toss out the old sack 'o nuts sounds to me like the successful incoproration of a sorcerous obsession (see Rule of Obsession, p 191) so I would give the warlock an extra 2-3 PP. Again this isn't too overpowering and it fits perfectly with the tradition of eunuch warlock's being more powerfull than other wizards.

Hot damn but I love this game 8)

I'd also add that a eunuch would also receive automatic successes at blocking any debauchery attacks. Nor swayed by anything sexual. But, also would receive a bonus to its singing ability.

In "A Game of Thrones" there is a great eunuch, Varys, also called the Spider. He's kinda like the spymaster type and throughout the books its hard to tell what side he's on. Also, there are mercenaries that are castrated and trained from boyhood called "the Unsullied", very loyaly troops.
Also, there is one in the Thieve's World set of books, forget his name, but he owns a scriptorium, also another schemer-type.
I would think that castration would give a automatic bonus to Constitution, as eunuchs develop large bellies and man-tits.

Odovacar's Ghost said:
But, also would receive a bonus to its singing ability.
Not necessarily. Historically, castration was used to preserve a boy's singing voice, preventing it from deepening during puberty. If the child couldn't sing already, castration isn't going to help matters. And if it happens post-puberty, it will have no effect on the voice.

IIRC the traditional middle eastern eunuch was a volunteer and done pre or early puberty. They were know for their loyalty and trustworthiness. Because they were de balled prior to sexual maturity they lacked sexual motivation but also lacked the typical male aggressiveness.

I would give them code of honor, a bonus to resist seduction or any effect that would cause them to betray their master. May not benefit from Crimson Mist or fighting Madness.

The idea of castrating choir boys is unrelated to Eunuchs. This was done to preserve a young boys high octave range. It did not make them a better performer.

--
Lane

Back