Any news on the fleet boxes

hermitbob said:
Maybe it's the fact that 25 pages of rules and ships has 4 pages of errata and clarifications, along with the fact that the mini's and rules were set to release nearly 7 weeks ago? Or the fact that the errata significantly alters some of the ships?
I understand your frustration :D

hermitbob said:
Maybe it's the fact that 25 pages of rules and ships has 4 pages of errata and clarifications, along with the fact that the mini's and rules were set to release nearly 7 weeks ago? Or the fact that the errata significantly alters some of the ships?

I also understand your frustration. I'm lucky enough to have a copy of the book and a squadron set, but only because my good friend Digger went to the Dragonmeet launch show in November and pre-ordered the books there. What i'm finding sad is that the forums here are increasingly filled with the frustration of those who have yet to get their games or ships. These people have good reason to be upset, because however you sell, the game's launch seems to have been beset with problems. Never a good way to get a new game off the ground. I've played the game twice now, and it's a good solid rules set which has done a good job, in my opinion, of taking the Star Fleet Battles feel and transposing it into ACTA.

I don't think the errata that has been released is that excessive but until more people have got the stuff they're waiting for, the good buzz which this game should be generating is being lost amid the clamour of those who are still waiting.

I'm hoping that Mongoose are taking steps to get this rectified as I look forward to the time when we're arguing about tactics and which fleet is better, rather than having to complain about lack of product on shelves.

IraShaine1972 said:
After seeing the 4 pages of errata and FAQ to print out and go with my book to constantly reference.

That seems pretty small to be honest - compared to Warhammer, which has 11 pages, in double columns. And this :shock:

We all would have liked to have had a perfect book. I am beginning to believe "the perfect book" will be found about the same time as I find the Holy Grail (or maybe a shrubbery).

Would we have liked it had we accomplished the goal? Of course we would have. But when we found the problems we didn't pull an ostrich and try to deny that the book had some mistakes. Instead, we got right on it and got the errata and FAQ out as quickly as possible so everyone would be able to have the right information.

I do understand the frustration about the Squadron Boxes and Fleet Boxes. In a perfect world, the new person and equipment would have been up to speed the very second that they appeared. This isn't a perfect world, but sometimes we forget that when making timelines. So yes, the schedule did slip a little bit. Are we happy about that? No, of course not. We're never happy when customers are not happy. We at ADB aren't happy when we have to tell our customers that we are currently out of stock for Starline 2500, but we know that people who pre-ordered have precedence over our customers who waited to order. That is how we are trying to make things right for all of you.

I remember how frustrated I was about getting a hot new game when I knew it was out and my FLGS couldn't get a copy for love or money. It isn't fun and games should be fun. But when it got in, I loved playing it. Had I decided to give up the game because of the delay, then I might not be writing here because the game that was so hard to get was Federation Commander and my first foray out of the SFB Galactic Conquest game that I was playing at the behest of the then BF. It was my comments on FC that brought me to the attention of SVC and we all know where that led. :) Now, I'm not claiming that ACTASF will have that dramatic a change on your life, but maybe you should give it a chance and maybe you will find you enjoy it.

Again, we are sorry that the date slipped and we are trying as hard as we can to get your orders out to you. Remember that if you have issues that Matthew has posted his personal email address for you to send him your complaints.

Jean

Rumour Control Update...

The last of the Squadron sets ordered from the UK, Europe and 'rest of the world' (hate that term!) are literally going out the door right now. If you are in the UK, you will see your ships tomorrow or Saturday, Royal Mail willing. In the US, the vast majority of orders have been sent, with the remainder leaving on Monday and Tuesday.

For the next week, we will have an average of 48 hour turnaround on squadron sets. After that, our usual 24 hour turnaround will apply.

Fleet sets will start shipping in the US next week, and hopefully the UK the week after - slowly to begin with, but they will quickly mount up as the squadron sets have.

More news as it happens!

Kirksfolly said:
IraShaine1972 said:
I don't think that anything can change the fact that NUMEROUS errors in the book coupled with the absolute disaster of the "launch" of the model line at this point it is crystal clear that this game was "released" with about 4-6 months of development still needed. This has got to be the most disorganized mess of a game release I have ever seen in 30 years of gaming.

Whoever gave this the go ahead for December should be fired. This game needed allot more work and preparation.

After seeing the 4 pages of errata and FAQ to print out and go with my book to constantly reference. Now I can honestly say my interest is waning in this game as a whole.

I think I am done. I may come back if all of this crap ever gets straight. Or I may not. At this point I just want my money back.

Looks like someone's thrown his starships out of the pram! More seriously, I genuinely don't understand how people can get so worked up over a game of soldiers, or starships.

I won't name other companies as I'm not into 'company bashing' but I've seen loads more issues over errata and FAQ than I've seen here. One set of historical rules that became popular at my club actually collapsed because the ruleswriter changed 'interpretations' in online discussions, so it became difficult to know what the latest ruling was without trawling the forum. As for the Errata/FAQ, the greatest complaint about these from people I've gamed with is the issue of just how long it takes even 'major' companies to deliver an errata/FAQ. Can't see that as an issue here.

Maybe I'm just easily pleased. :lol:

I don't know what a pram is but I never received any starships to throw out. I am just tired of my money being tied up. I play and really like Noble Armada so I will probably look into Star Fleet again after the book has been fixed and there is actually product on the market to buy and play this game. And yeah I have games that have FAQ and errata sheets but they tend to be games with allot more rules and complexity. Either way as long as it gets fixed then I will probably try it out when someone has some rules and models to sell me. Not 2-3 months wait and counting. Nobody gets to keep my money for that long.

msprange said:
Rumour Control Update...

The last of the Squadron sets ordered from the UK, Europe and 'rest of the world' (hate that term!) are literally going out the door right now. If you are in the UK, you will see your ships tomorrow or Saturday, Royal Mail willing. In the US, the vast majority of orders have been sent, with the remainder leaving on Monday and Tuesday.

For the next week, we will have an average of 48 hour turnaround on squadron sets. After that, our usual 24 hour turnaround will apply.

Fleet sets will start shipping in the US next week, and hopefully the UK the week after - slowly to begin with, but they will quickly mount up as the squadron sets have.

More news as it happens!

hmm if theya re only starting to ship in early February - getting them ready for the tournament seems unlikely so i'll have to give it a miss.

@Greg Smith: Hey, the SFB master rulebook is 464 pages long!! So 11 pages isn't too bad. :)

@Matt Sprange: As a resident of the rest of the world, I'm glad to hear I'll be getting my stuff soon.

Any updates on when fleet boxes might hit distributors? I preordered through my FLGS, and want to leave the order there to help support them. Sounds like if Mongoose/ADB preorders for fleets are possibly going out in the next week or so, it probably will be at least another 3 weeks before it goes to distributors. So I won't see anything most likely until March (which is pretty late for what was targeted as a late November release...)?

Valander said:
Any updates on when fleet boxes might hit distributors? I preordered through my FLGS, and want to leave the order there to help support them. Sounds like if Mongoose/ADB preorders for fleets are possibly going out in the next week or so, it probably will be at least another 3 weeks before it goes to distributors. So I won't see anything most likely until March (which is pretty late for what was targeted as a late November release...)?

I ordered my Sqd boxes from a FLGS via a distributer in the US. I received my Sqd boxes right at 2 wks after they said they were shipping Sqd box pre-orders. Based on that I am assuming (with all the dangers associated with an assumption :shock: ) that distributers are part of the pre-order category.

So….

2-3 days to get from Ohio to the Distributor.
3-4 working days for the shipment to be split up for distribution to regional warehouses.
2-3 days to be received at the regional warehouse and fill orders
2-3 days to get to the FLGS
That makes it 9-13 days, or just about 2 weeks.

I don’t see the Fleet Boxes being much different.

As someone who criticized the earlier lack of communication, I do want to thank Matt for doing so now.

msprange said:
Rumour Control Update...

Does Canada count as 'US' or 'rest of the world'? Hopefully my fleet boxes don't take as long to get to me as the rulebook did.

At this point, all I can ask is that they don't rush and skimp on quality control inspections. I'd rather wait an extra day or two then get a bad set of minis.

Finlos said:
msprange said:
Rumour Control Update...

Does Canada count as 'US' or 'rest of the world'? Hopefully my fleet boxes don't take as long to get to me as the rulebook did.

Oh your definitely the "rest of the world" :D
j/k

Sgt_G said:
At this point, all I can ask is that they don't rush and skimp on quality control inspections. I'd rather wait an extra day or two than get a bad set of minis.

Hear Hear. I got a squadron box of Roms with my rulebook, and while I was chuffed with them, they did have a few irritating sections that were miscast or porous. I even ordered some liquid green stuff from Games Workshop in case my fed ships have the same issue.

I'd prefer them done well rather then rushed to please the impatient.

Greg Smith said:
IraShaine1972 said:
After seeing the 4 pages of errata and FAQ to print out and go with my book to constantly reference.

That seems pretty small to be honest - compared to Warhammer, which has 11 pages, in double columns. And this :shock:

Nevermind that the entire rulebook+army books would need to be rewritten from scratch to make it good game to begin with...So you would be looking at rulebook+army book sized erratas :D

Back