Any good adventures for Agents?

MonkeyX

Banded Mongoose
Are there any good agent focused adventures from any previous versions of Traveller. Solo PC ones are even better.

good agent focused adventures from any previous versions of Traveller

Divine Intervention, Murder on Arcturus Station.

Solo PC ones are even better.

Neither of those seem intended for it, but a well rounded enough agent could qualify. In Divine Intervention especially he'll need to avoid combat, therefore keep stealth or have a plan to solve getting caught without a firefight.

Added: With heavy conversion, you could get some use out of heist-oriented adventures from other systems. Kidnap the Archpriest and The Boswitch Bathhouse both come to mind. But that's enough work it gets away from the point of asking for published adventures.

It really depends on the type of agent you're dealing with.
The 'smooth operator' talky type is gonna need different challenges than the intellectual analyst type. However, the Agent skill tables do tend toward a fairly wide base of skills.
Almost any crime story can be adapted to Agents... stories that take a little Streetwise, a little Diplo, a little Computer, a little Gun Combat /Brawling. Without getting TOO deep into the Cold War thriller genre, the first three or four Tom Clancy 'Jack Ryan' novels would be good inspirations.

I was thinking a corporate agent. Solving issues for the company. I did wonder if Death Station would work if the station belong to the employers corporation?

I think Death Station could be a great Agent adventure. Could work great as a solo romp too.

You could have some minor investigative work up front, so the Agent gets to know the “purpose” of the station and its crew. The company tasks the Agent with recontacting the station and helping resume regular comms traffic. Maybe they provide an air/raft pilot if the Agent doesn’t have the skill.

Once on station it plays out normally. Probably need to provide a few snub pistols and cutlasses scattered around the airlocks and such so a single Traveller has a fighting chance. And let the redshirt air/raft pilot get in a few licks before they get taken out.

And then the data files showing the truth of the station’s purpose could lead to a bigger conspiracy…

With heavy conversion, you could get some use out of heist-oriented adventures from other systems. Kidnap the Archpriest and The Boswitch Bathhouse both come to mind. But that's enough work it gets away from the point of asking for published adventures.
I have Kidnap the Archpriest (and yes, conversion to Traveller requires "enough work"), but never heard of The Boswitch Bathhouse, thanks for the advice.

A published adventure (for Agents, not matter what the book says) we loved is The Merry Widow, and it worked fine with *our° characters, not the pregenerated NPCs you're supposed to use.

Where have people set Death Station? I’m having a hard time finding a system fairly close to the imperium border that would fit.

I have set it in lots of different places - in the Oort cloud of a system, in orbit around a minor gas giant, in the asteroid belt of a system. Sometimes the PCs have to travel via a jump ship to get to the system with the Death Station, sometimes it is in the same system, sometimes it is in orbit or an L point of the planet the PCs are on. You can really plonk it down anywhere you want your campaign to begin by just changing minor details...

One really memorable game had the PCs taken on to act as ship's crew and security for a science and engineering team that were tasked with actual Death Station part. The first session was spent entirely on the journey as the players discovered more about this "science" team who all appeared to be younger and more physically fit than the PCs and when engaged in conversation often made basic errors in scientific understanding.

The second session they actually got to the station and by then the player's suspicions were enough for me to base the next couple of sessions on.

In the past I have modified what they find on the station itself, and again listening to the players allowed me to build tension as some of their fears came to pass.

One of the really good things about the old classic Traveller adventures and double adventures is that you can fill in details and switch stuff around like that.

Planetary systems usually have more than one planet in the system.
Only one of those planets is listed. Several references of habitable planets ignored due to being inside the stellar 100D limit.
Make the station accessible only by M-Drive orbiting whichever border system is near where you want other action to occur.
So a main-world described as cold might indicate other warmer planets are likely to exist. Simply name and stat one of those worlds.

My current campaign has been making extensive use of minor worlds within the main system and pirate bases around distant stellar companion stars. Both Flatlined and Death Station took place deeper in the stellar gravity well in La'Belle, due to the Traveller Wiki entry (although its many years later than the campaign) that has the Merchant Princes of Skull buying out the colony there. In this campaign they are involved in buying Sword Worlders who have been skill jacked or cyber-chipped into semi-meat puppet status by Loki.

Back