Ancient Rome RPG

2kuhl4you

Mongoose
Green Ronin had an Ancient Rome D&D Setting for 3.5. I think the Mongoose team would do an excellant job with this and maybe an Ancient Greece setting.

2kuhl4you said:
Green Ronin had an Ancient Rome D&D Setting for 3.5. I think the Mongoose team would do an excellant job with this and maybe an Ancient Greece setting.

Alephtar Games will be publishing shortly a Rome supplement for Basic Roleplaying - meaning it will be pretty much compatible with Mongoose RuneQuest. :wink:

Quite so! It's very well researched and written. I understand there's a book of adventures to come for it shortly...

Rome scenario pack

Rome Scenario PackAlephtar Games have announced a follow-up publication to the great BRP Rome book - the Rome Scenario Pack!

The authors are Conall Kavanagh, Pete Nash and Ken Spencer.

Not much more is known about this supplement at the moment, other than it's soon to be released. September 2009 is when we can expect to see this supplement.

A sneak preview of a forthcoming Chaosium BRP supplement for roleplaying in Ancient Rome… In actual fact, this was originally written as a player’s guide for a campaign set in Rome at the time of Nero. But by the strange hand of Fortuna a friend passed it on to our friends at Chaosium, who expressed an interest in publishing a complete campaign setting! The following pdf document is a tiny taster of what will appear in the final book. It contains some character generation, a streamlined version of the BRP rules, a brief look at Roman magic, how to create a Roman name and some fun Roman laws. The final book will include greatly expanded versions of the above, along with an in-depth guide to Roman society, culture, history, mythology, some purely Roman creatures, maps of Rome, rules for gladiators and charioteering, and anything else I can squeeze into the final page count! But for those of you who can’t wait, feel free to use Pax Romana as a springboard for starting your own Roman campaigns… Valeas, Pete

http://www.basicroleplaying.net/tag/pax-romana/

merkkari-masa said:
Rome scenario pack

Rome Scenario PackAlephtar Games have announced a follow-up publication to the great BRP Rome book - the Rome Scenario Pack!

The authors are Conall Kavanagh, Pete Nash and Ken Spencer.

Not much more is known about this supplement at the moment, other than it's soon to be released. September 2009 is when we can expect to see this supplement.
For those of you who are interested, the Rome scenario pack is now available on DriveThru. It is called Veni Vidi, Vici and is a collection of scenarios based on events which happened in Julius Caesar's life.

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=64596&affiliate_id=249967

Enjoy!

merkkari-masa said:
anyone know it that is pdf only? or where i can buy real book?
or they planning to release real book?

RPGNow is evidently negotiating with someone (not Lulu this time) to do Print on Demand again, "real soon now" (as they say in the vapor ... er, software ... industry) ... so, if and when, there is a reasonable chance (assuming the creators jump through the additional hoops that will be involved ... I know I plan to for some/all of my stuff) that it will be available as a semi-real book :wink:

Phil

The vaporware has almost solidified. But for licensing reasons, we will not include our products in DriveThru/RPGNow print on demand program. So if you want the supplement, there is no reason to wait.

There are Cthulhu and White Wolf products focusing on Rome and the Roman Era. I bet there's stuff from Steve Jackson Games too.

BRP Rome covers Rome well but don't forget it's Evil brother Cthulhu Invictus... A Runequest Greece would grab those playing those other games.

For general gaming both GURPS Rome and Greece are excellent.

Back