Fiddler

Mongoose
Shield of Wind

Casting Time: 1
Duration: 5
Magnitude: 1
Progressive
Rune: Air

The wind swirls around the target and caster for a moment then calms.

Any ranged attack against the target of the spell gets a penalty of -5% per magnitude of the spell as the winds buffet the attackaway from the caster.

Whirlwind Whopper( Need a better name.)

Area: 10
Casting Time: 2
Duration: 1
Magnitude: 4
Ranged

The wind springs up around the caster and forms a whirlwind which sweeps through the area of the spell knocking down all there.

Castercreates a whirlwind that forces everyone in target area to make a resilience roll at -30% or be knocked prone. Creatures or objects SIZ 20 or over do not have a penalty to their roll.

Whoops, forgot to ask for feedback. :? So, what do you all think? Are they too powerful for MRQ Runemagic? Do, they do too much as Runespells? I have some ideas for more spells, so would you like to see more. Thanks.

For sheild of Air I'd consider making it a -10% chance per level. That would bring it closer up to par with spells like Cover of Night or even Protection.

I'm not entirely sure about the second spell. I think the previous editions treated wind as having an STR and then comparing it to the characters STR+SIZ. Going with Resilance sounds like a step in the right direction. How about the spell giving you a 60% chance to knock them down, with the test subjects using their Resilance skill to resist. This would still allow you to overcharge the spell if you wanted to make it harder for them.

These look fine. I agree that the first spell should be -10% per level. It only works against missile weapons, so -5% per is a bit stingy. A spell that worked against anything, or even just melee attacks I'd personaly give -5% per.

Simon Hibbs

First Spell:
A good idea, but 10% may be a bit too high as it means one point of this spell can cancel the attack bonus from an equivalent Speedart 2.

Second Spell:
CthulhuFnord said:
How about the spell giving you a 60% chance to knock them down, with the test subjects using their Resilance skill to resist. This would still allow you to overcharge the spell if you wanted to make it harder for them.

A -30% Resistance roll is quite tough, especially considering that when overcharged each additional point gives an additional minus (-40%, -50%, etc).

It might be a bit too large, despite the magnitude. A 10m radius area within a (typically) 75m range? When overcharged, this could be too devastating.

I think you are right halfbat so hows this?

Whirlwind Whopper( Need a better name.)

Area: 10
Casting Time: 2
Duration: instant
Magnitude: 4
Ranged

The wind springs up around the caster and forms a whirlwind which sweeps through the area of the spell knocking down all there.

Caster creates a whirlwind that forces everyone in target area to make a resilience roll at -10% or be knocked prone. Creatures or objects SIZ 20 or over do not have a penalty to their roll.

True, but you are still getting the damage bonus. Maybe the duration of the spell should be concentration instead?

Halfbat said:
First Spell:
A good idea, but 10% may be a bit too high as it means one point of this spell can cancel the attack bonus from an equivalent Speedart 2.

Second Spell:
CthulhuFnord said:
How about the spell giving you a 60% chance to knock them down, with the test subjects using their Resilance skill to resist. This would still allow you to overcharge the spell if you wanted to make it harder for them.

A -30% Resistance roll is quite tough, especially considering that when overcharged each additional point gives an additional minus (-40%, -50%, etc).

It might be a bit too large, despite the magnitude. A 10m radius area within a (typically) 75m range? When overcharged, this could be too devastating.

Back