ACTA Vassal Mod V.7

JayRaider

Mongoose
ACTA Vassal Mod V.7
http://www.savefile.com/files/186397
Whats new?

1)All new counters for most of the Armagedon ships including the Ancients. EA/Centauri/Narn/ISA
2)The inclusion of Rbaxs Dilgar and Drakh counters.
I also made up some Dilgar and Drakh counters for the ship counters that were missing from Rbaxs great counters.
3) Stellar debris: Asteroid field and Dust Cloud are now pictures, each has 4 choices varying in size, 6x6,8x8,10x10,12x12.
All are placed with one click.
Stellar debris now have a properties sheet.
4) I have removed and replaced the infamous 3 which causes much confusion since its to similar in appearance to 5.
5) Jump points/gates are now rotatable.
6) The inclusion of numbers on Aux Craft counters.
7) Minor changes to ship property sheets.
8 ) Reduced the size of the Mod by 33%.

I'm most please with the stellar debris, being one click now, it will save alot of time setting up.
I've only given this Mod a cursory test, all appears working good.
Thanks to Katadder for his help with the counters and the stat'ing.

Note[/img] Placement of more than 4-5 Stellar Debris on the map, especially the larger pieces, could result in a Vassal freeze up or make the game sluggish.

A peek at some of the new counters.

VassalNewShips.jpg

Hmmmm, looks good so far, but there are still some fighter discrepencies, such as starfuries and thunderbolts, not to mention the whitestar fighters.

Great stuff, these counters will at least let us play with all of the shiny new toys. I'll download the latest file this evening and try things out :)

Any feedback comments are welcome and appreciated.
I've had a complaint about the expanded property sheets being to big now.
Any other thoughts or comments?
Try and remember this is a work in progress! If you have dislikes about the current mod, bring them up for discussion :)

Looks good so far. Incidentally, appologies JayRiders but you cant have my Starfury counters afterall as I seem to have lost the files :( Still youve done a great job with these :D

No problem Locutus. We'll survive :D

It appears that numbers on Fighter counters aren't working.
A minor error on my part :shock:

The Whitestar fighter counter is missing too. ( It was just a Whitestar counter reduced in size to a fighter counter). :twisted:

for those who dont like the 16+ text boxes on the properties (which whilst maybe useful for campaigns not much in 1 offs) i am doing another version closer to the original. i will also be adding the Z'Takk which it seems i forgot from the previous version.

I forgot the new Brakiri/Abbai Arma ship too. :shock:

For future updates:
I was thinking of including a Measurement Ruler counter, help with the movement of fighter counters?.
And how about about a boresight line counter, to allow accurate boresighting?

i have added the brakiri/abbai ship and whitestar fighters. need the drazi ship picture doing but apart from that is coming along ok.

Back