ACTA:SF Pulse Phasers are they in the SFU?

MarkDawg

Mongoose
I was wondering if Pulse phasers were in the SFU I know on the show I have seen them fired like proximity blasts in balance of terror. I think in one other episode there are pulse phasers or mention of them if my memory serves me correctly.

If they are in the SFU will we ever see them??? :?:

If by pulse phasers you mean ones that are fired as bolts (instead of beams), than no; not in the Alpha Octant, at least.

The Hydrans (and a handful of others elsewhere in Alpha) have the gatling phaser (or phaser-G); a weapon which works kind of like four phasers-3 bunched together into the same weapon mount. However they may be handled in ACtA:SF, they should be very useful at point-blank range, but less flexible at longer range than a phaser-1; which, in the case of the Hydrans, should suit many of their ships just fine.

Later in the timeline, the advanced technology X-ships (seen over in SFB, but not yet in FC) gain the ability to fire their weapons in rapid pulse mode; an X-ship can fire each phaser-1 as two phaser-3 shots (or an X-base can fire a phaser-4 as either two phaser-1 or four phaser-3 shots), but only if aiming at attrition units (such as drones, fighters, and gunboats), not at ships.

Also, there is a weapon listed as the "pulse phaser" used by some of the empires out in the Triangulum Galaxy; but they are far removed from what you see here in Alpha, and may not ever make the jump over to ACtA:SF. (There are several other phaser-equivalent weapons in other non-Alpha regions, but they too will likely have to wait a long time, if they are ever considered for official conversion.)

But to put a long story short, there is only one set of phasers used in the Alpha Octant; aside from the phaser-G we'll see once the Hydrans are done, the other Alpha empires (of this technology level) will use the same phaser types we have in the game already.

Back