ACTA B5 5 pt battle Narn vs Centauri

Da Boss

Mongoose
Sooooo inspired by the reports by Democratus,

Greg and I began a battle using the traied and tested ACTA B5 rules.

5 points battle - independantly we slected fleets - Greg choose his Narn and I once again returned to my beloved Glorious Republic.

My Fleet
Primus squadron, Balvarins, Demos, Corvan, Amar,

Gregs fleet
Lots of Narn rubbish also known as 1 G'Vrahn (?), 3 Var'nic (squadroned), 1 G'karith, 1 Scout, 4 police cutters, 2 Thentus,

I lost Iniaitive for the set up (and never lost it again) and spread out across the table...... Greg - having been playing WFB as Dwarves for some time set up in the corner which caught me off guard and forced me to spend much of the first turn shifting my fleet about!

B5001.jpg

B5004.jpg

One Demos got hammered by several torpedoes as its own bounced off a Var'nic. The Amar would spend much of the game being hammered by the G'kairth. The Primus squadron powered across the table and managed to get into optium range and unloaded into the G'Vrahn. Which took it and blew huge holes in the seconds Primus followed by similar fire from the Var'nics who had pretty much all passed their track their target rolls.

B5008.jpg

Sadly this was the last turn that Greg had a chance as the following turn, after once again winning iniative - hammered the Narn warship down to 1 point and that was pretty much save for sweeping up the last narn ships. One Demos was pummled out of existance by a swarm of Narn fighters before its support fighters could close in and clear them out.

Closing in for the kill :)

B5009.jpg

Greg had horrible luck with his torpedoes and his beam dice was only average - also lots of boresight ships have major issues with in sinking despite doing well with his track that target.

Cool battle report!

Yeah...one thing in Noble Armada I do not miss is boresight. Added to things like grapnels (meaning you sometimes want to go first), it does a lot to eliminate the problems of initiative sinks...

Thanks for the report!

A squadron of Pimus is pretty tough to beat! I almost never see that much big ship action on the table at once!

We are starting to shy away from Beams as a favored weapon in my neck of the woods. After playing our latest campaign we really see the value of throwing a pile of regular weapon dice rather than crossing your fingers on a handful of beam dice. The highs and lows aren't as pronounced but you can count on more consistency - allowing tactical planning to be reliable.

Well fought, admiral. Braviri on the house!

Thanks - played a 6 pts Raid Hyach versus Narn (Dilgar war era) on Sunday - will put up a report and pics soon

Beams and mini beams are really great against well armoured ships - but need the better balance of the variant beam systems IMO.

I have always liked the Primus - choosing between the Centauri Battle level ships is always difficult.

Back