Acrylics on your clothes?

MechaLucha

Mongoose
There is a product called Kiss Off that comes in a chapstick like tube. It is made to take paint stains out of fabrics.It will take the stain right out of your clothes. I paint on canvas and have my share of multi colored clothes and Kiss Off took even the old stains out. I bought my stick at Michaels craft store but I am sure you can find it at any art store.

Crud, I just realized that sounds like an add. I'm sorry I didn't mean to addvertise it , I just think it is valuable info for people who paint messy. I wasn't thinking.

Dont worry anything that helps is most welcome. Acrylic is a real pain to get out of clothes and carpets so I am sure that some of our boarders will rush out and hunt 'Kiss Off' down :D

Thanks again,
Marc

Dredd Times said:
Dont worry anything that helps is most welcome. Acrylic is a real pain to get out of clothes and carpets so I am sure that some of our boarders will rush out and hunt 'Kiss Off' down :D
Thanks indeed.... :;ponders:; can you get it in the uk? :: goes and looks::

Here it is right here. You can order it from this sight or hunt for it at a shop near you, but this is what it looks like...

http://www.utrechtart.com/dsp_view_product.cfm?classId=1021&subclassID=102114&brandname=Kiss-Off&item=52545

Failing that you could probably try using the best acrylic stripper (for mini's, never tried it on clothes) there is..... Dettol. Place the stain into undiluted dettol and leave it for 24 hours, it should just slide right off the clothing.

Oldbury said:
hehe reminds me when my mum split an entire pot of black paint on the carpet >.<

Regards Oldbury

My little sister did the same thing with Testors model paint. I took the blame since I was the one painting, but later she admitted that she knocked it off the kitcken table.

At the time they didn't find anything to get the black paint out of the Orange carpet.

Nezeray

I should have dropped a whole bottle of paint on the RED carpet that was in my room when I was still living at home.

Apparently the previous owners were HUGE red, white and blue fans. Red carpet (the stick down tile type) and chair rail, Royal Blue walls half way up.

As soon as I moved out, they changed it into a computer room and tore out the crapet and refinished the hardwood floor.

For larger spills or for removing paint from you work area try the "OOPS!" multi-purpose remover. It also works well on fabrics. It comes in a liquid or cloth wipes(kinda like baby wipes). It can be found in most hardware stores it is put out by Homax products inc. Beware on hard wood as it will take up your wax finish as well.

www.homaxproducts.com

Buggrit said:
Failing that you could probably try using the best acrylic stripper (for mini's, never tried it on clothes) there is..... Dettol. Place the stain into undiluted dettol and leave it for 24 hours, it should just slide right off the clothing.

Silly question time. If you use acrylic stripper on clothes made of acrylic, will it burn holes through them? :D

In all seriousness, always check the label to see what everything is made of, first, just in case.

Back