Acheron Race

I have a couple pdfs I downloaded from somewhere. One of them is the s&p article featuring the acheronian race. The other has the white hand of hyperborea, the cabal of hyperborean witchmen. I could make them available if that is not infringing any copyright. Let me know.

Even without the S&P issue, some Acheronian racial traits can be gleaned by carefully reading the entries for Thalis the Stygian (RoK) and Xaltotun (SoS).

Akivasha (RoK, authored by Vincent), described as of the ancient race of giant-kings, seems to have her own racial traits and Noble Regional Features. In breaking her down, it seems both her racial traits and Regional Features are based on the Vendhyan race. Number of feats (noble favoured class), ability to take Defensive Martial Arts, +1 to Will except Hypnotism, and +4 with scimitar (I assume tulwar is a typo) all support this. Her Bluff, Gather Information, and Sense Motive skills are also too high without these racial/regional bonuses. Does this mean you use Vendhyan or very nearly Vendhyan racial traits for giant-kings, Vincent?

No. Somewhere between the writing of Akivasha and the publishing of Akivasha, something horrible happened and her stats are all wrong in Road of Kings (you might notice a similarity to the devi's stats). The correct Akivasha appears in Signs and Portents 21 with the Khemi article I wrote.

VincentDarlage said:
No. Somewhere between the writing of Akivasha and the publishing of Akivasha, something horrible happened and her stats are all wrong in Road of Kings (you might notice a similarity to the devi's stats). The correct Akivasha appears in Signs and Portents 21 with the Khemi article I wrote.
Holy Crap! :shock: I never noticed because I've had no intention of using her yet, but was considering the possibility (read:players surprise their GMs). Thanks for the heads up. I don't know if I have that issue, I'll look when I get home from work.

Ah, I remember Akivasha being an Aristocrat 20 in your D&D writeup, and therefore never questioned these stats. Unless Mongoose publish a special Conan S&P, I will probably never see her real stats. I understand her complete stats can't be listed in this thread, but I'd like to know if she has the Acheronian racial traits? Also, could someone tell me if she has scholar levels and Vampire Transformation?

VincentDarlage wrote:
The correct Akivasha appears in Signs and Portents 21 with the Khemi article I wrote.

I hope they'll be reprinted elsewhere (Stygia's sourcebook, for example) since it will be easier for me (and many others) to make up the stats myself (which I was about to do, by the way) than getting an S&P issue.

Turim, I don't have the stats, but if any character in the game has Vampire Transformation for sure, it has to be Akivasha. If you make her stats up I for one would like to see the results.

Maximo said:
I hope they'll be reprinted elsewhere (Stygia's sourcebook, for example) since it will be easier for me (and many others) to make up the stats myself (which I was about to do, by the way) than getting an S&P issue.
Seems like a good place to plug my S&P Conan Annual Thread at the "What Should Mongoose Publish Next" forum.

Check it out!

Raphael

To answer two questions:

1) Akivasha's stats were created before the release of Scrolls of Skelos, so that spell did not exist for me to utilise. I found another way for her to become a vampire.

2) I intend to put a variant version of Akivasha in the Stygia sourcebook which utilises the Immortality sorcery style from Scrolls of Skelos instead of just reprinting Akivasha from S&P. (Much like how I put in a Conan and Zenobia in Aquilonia which varies from the versions in Road of Kings.

Raphael said:
Maximo said:
Seems like a good place to plug my S&P Conan Annual Thread at the "What Should Mongoose Publish Next" forum.

Check it out!

Raphael

You're on a crusade, Raphael, aren't you? :wink:

VincentDarlage wrote:
2) I intend to put a variant version of Akivasha in the Stygia sourcebook which utilises the Immortality sorcery style from Scrolls of Skelos instead of just reprinting Akivasha from S&P.

That's good news!

René said:

:oops: Well, don't know if I'd go that far. In the month or so I've been here I've heard this lament for a Conan Annual repeatedly. I just figure it can't hurt to be a little more forward about it.

What's frutrating is that it can't really be that hard to do, production wise. A little time in QuarkXpress or whatever layout program they use and poof a pdf and quick cash! Nearly all of the folks who responded said thay'd be happy with a pdf. Talk about good profit margin!

:twisted: Maybe if I insult them, they'll respond!

Anyway, I wont bump the S&P thread, but I will mention it anytime S&P comes up in another thread.

Peace,
Raphael

Raphael said:
René said:

:oops: Well, don't know if I'd go that far. In the month or so I've been here I've heard this lament for a Conan Annual repeatedly. I just figure it can't hurt to be a little more forward about it.

What's frutrating is that it can't really be that hard to do, production wise. A little time in QuarkXpress or whatever layout program they use and poof a pdf and quick cash! Nearly all of the folks who responded said thay'd be happy with a pdf. Talk about good profit margin!

Anyway, I wont bump the S&P thread, but I will mention it anytime S&P comes up in another thread.

Peace,
Raphael

A quick and dirty pdf would indeed be a nice thing, but I think they will wait some time, because some S&P buyers are going to get angry if the main reason they spent their money for (CONAN material), is published so soon after the S&P print version.
At least I'd be angry if I'd be a S&P subscriber.
But maybe your insistence will bring fruits...

René said:
Raphael said:
René said:

Peace,
Raphael

A quick and dirty pdf would indeed be a nice thing, but I think they will wait some time, because some S&P buyers are going to get angry if the main reason they spent their money for (CONAN material), is published so soon after the S&P print version.
At least I'd be angry if I'd be a S&P subscriber.
But maybe your insistence will bring fruits...

I was wondering how much that might factor into their decision, as well as if they announce the first one, how much that might impact future sales of S&P. Presumably they'll run the numbers, make a good guess, and decide from there. They could do it in such a way that it wouldn't come out until 3 months after the most recent version was released, e.g., Jan-Dec, 12 Conan articles, then the following April, release the Annual of the preceeding Jan-Dec - the gotta-have-its who buy just for Conan anyway won't likely stop because they'll not want to wait a year or more for various articles.

Two things.
1. It doesn't have to dirty because it's quick. The material has already been proofed for publication.
2. I didn't hink about the Annual hurting current S&P sales. However, we're up to S&P 23 come June. Just from browsing through the issue highlights it looks like Conan started really showing up in #7. How about everything up to #18?

Look I said I would leave it alone unless someone else brought it up. :D

Raphael[/list]

Raphael said:
Two things.
1. It doesn't have to dirty because it's quick. The material has already been proofed for publication.
2. I didn't hink about the Annual hurting current S&P sales. However, we're up to S&P 23 come June. Just from browsing through the issue highlights it looks like Conan started really showing up in #7. How about everything up to #18?

Look I said I would leave it alone unless someone else brought it up. :D

Raphael[/list]

1. Well, the "dirty" was written without much thought or emphasis.
2. http://www.warpedcore.net/signsportents/?filter%5BProduct+Line%5D=Conan gives a full and updated list.

Back