about kai disciplines improvement

celebdel

Mongoose
hallo, i have a doubt about the improvement of the kai and magnakai disciplines, and i'll try to explain my problem.

a 10th level kailord will have 6 kai disciplines at tier 5, 1 at tier 4, 1 at tier 3, 1 at tier 2 and the last one at tier 1. there is a way to improve the disciplines that are not at tier 5?

and the same questione is about magnakai disciplines

byebye

I read somewhere that the disciplines keep growing at each level until maximum, once your Kai took them.
So it's not until 20th level before you master all Kai disciplines.
Magnakai disciplines will be maxed out much later.
We'll probably get some epic levels rules later on.

You keep advancing the basic Kai skill as you go on to the Magnakai level of training.

So by the time you reach level 10, you'll have got:

Tier V in 6 Kai Disciplines
Tier IV in 1 Kai Discipline
Tier III In 1 Kai Discipline
Tier II in 1 Kai Discpline
Tier I in 1 Kai Discipline

When you move up to level 11, you'll have the following levels:

Tier I in 1 Magnakai Discipline - Which must be the advanced form of one of the 7 Disciplines you've got to Tier V
Tier V In 7 Kai Disciplines
Tier IV in 1 Kai Discipline
Tier III in 1 Kai Discipline
Tier II in 1 Kai Discipline

At level 12, all the disciplines you have that aren't on Tier V go up 1 level, and you pick one new Magnakai discipline that's at Tier I.

Hope this helps.

-GB

ithought so....thanks a lot....but i cannot find this explanation in the rulebook....could you say me the exact point?

thnks again

redlaco said:
So it's not until 20th level before you master all Kai disciplines.

Level 14. That's when the last Kai discipline you picked up at level 10 gains tier 5.

Ghost Bear said:
When you move up to level 11, you'll have the following levels:

Tier I in 1 Magnakai Discipline - Which must be the advanced form of one of the 7 Disciplines you've got to Tier V
Tier V In 7 Kai Disciplines

Ummm... I thought you could only buy a Magnakai discipline that you'd previously managed to get the level 5 tier in the Kai equivilent? Gaining both the relevant level 5 kai tier and the Magnakai discipline at the same level doesn't sit right with me...

R

Robin said:
Ummm... I thought you could only buy a Magnakai discipline that you'd previously managed to get the level 5 tier in the Kai equivilent? Gaining both the relevant level 5 kai tier and the Magnakai discipline at the same level doesn't sit right with me...

R

I can't find anything pointing one way or the other on this one. To me, gaining the two advances at the same time makes sense. I see it as the Kai Master in question taking extensive training in that one skill.

But I'd have to say that this'd have to be up to each individual GM, and I'd happily be willing to abide by rulings either way.

-GB

if the kai disciplinces doesn´t increase you wont get any magnakai after level 16 since you dont have tier 5 in the needed kai disciplinces. So to me it is quite clear that they will increase after level 11 as before.

Ghost Bear said:
I can't find anything pointing one way or the other on this one. To me, gaining the two advances at the same time makes sense. I see it as the Kai Master in question taking extensive training in that one skill.

I think it's something subtle in the wording. I'll try to check next time I have my book to hand.

But I'd have to say that this'd have to be up to each individual GM

Ahhh, but that's always that's always the case... :D

R

Back