Abandon Ship

What Are Your Feelings On Your SST Collection?

• I don't plan on getting rid of anything, in fact I'm buying more!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't plan on getting rid of anything, but I'm going to wait for the new stuff.

• I'm getting rid of my excess, ready for next April!

• I'm selling up, I don't know if I will carry on with SST . . . . .

• Total voters
I noticed there are a lot of people "offloading" SST stuff atm, I was wondering how other people feel.

I plan on buying more stuff in the meantime personally.

I'm not really offloading my stuff, just trying to make some trades to get things I want using the things I have extras of. Still need a Thorny Tanker!

judgedoug said:
I'm not really offloading my stuff, just trying to make some trades to get things I want using the things I have extras of. Still need a Thorny Tanker!

I don't have one of them yet either! I have two standard Tankers though :D

I dont think it will make much of a difference, anything I do buy in April will probably end up re-painted.

Im looking at SSTE as a great thing for me, I can play with painted armies straight away. But do extra work on things I really want to look special!

Amen bro.

Only an idiot would buy into a game, paint it, play it, post on these forums and then offload it.

Hey, I am right!
Especially since Alex said that some skinney bikes and the maraduer is coming out, makes it worse. If anything the stuff you already have is more collectible, like an antique. Hark back to the Rogue trader minis, when GW were cool.....

Mage said:
Hey, I am right!
Especially since Alex said that some skinney bikes and the maraduer is coming out, makes it worse. If anything the stuff you already have is more collectible, like an antique. Hark back to the Rogue trader minis, when GW were cool.....

I have them Lol!

BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS, BUGS! :twisted:

Reaverman said:
BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS,BUGS, BUGS, BUGS! :twisted:

GREAT answer :D

Lieutenant Rasczak said:
Reaverman said:

GREAT answer :D
Have fun painting all those insects, as for me, I'm not going to sell out, quit, I'm still buying and collecting my MI, let alone have any bugs yet :oops:
My hands smell like pewter, now you know I like converting metal minis *looks at 20 lami riddled with more baggage, ammo, grenades, and entrenching equipment*

In light of the recent SST: Evo announcement I actually find myself excited about this game for the very first time!

I've served as an MI, primarily to demo Mighty Armies and when it seemed as that system was dead I dropped out. I never really got into SST, wasn't interested in B5 and just as my interest piqued in Gangs of Mega City One that system seemed destined for the scrap-heap too.

The Skinnies raised my interest in SST, but I've found myself with less and less time for painting minis. I'd rather use my limited gaming time for something crazy like...oh...I dunno...playing games! ;-)

So, I had pretty much written off Mongoose as they just weren't really making anything that really excited me...

...until the Battlefield:Evo and SST: Evo announcements!

So, I'm not buying anything new ('cuz I won't paint it anyways and therefore will never use it) and will unload the minis I do have, but I'm keeping my rulebook and Skinnie book just to have...

...and setting my sites on 2007!

Jeff

Defenitly not getting out of the game, if anything, I'm more excited about the game's future.

What I am doing, though, is freezing my purchases for the time being. To be honest (and greedy), right now I'm likely to find the remainder of my Skinnies at a discount in the coming months.

I just ordered a Thorny Tanker and the Rippler's Box Set from Dungeon Trader.

I figured I'd finish out my Bug Army since the release schedule for the pre-painted stuff will take too long. So I'll have one full army ready to go when the game comes out with its face-lift.

I've also been working on an MI army with Cap Troopers and Marauders. Far from done and they may be put on hold. I was going to get some Exo suits as well but those I'll probably wait for the pre-painted ones.

Heck, all my bugs will probably take me a year to put together and paint if I ever get around to it. :D

The very point I have tried to make many times since the "Big Announcement", why abandon ship, we as gamers are losing nothing but time to begin to try to catch up with all the figures we already have.

I look forward to both EVo systems and the flexibility it will give me to slowly get caught up with all my backlog of unassembled (uncleaned), unpainted figures.

Even the April date will see me with much left undone. But Whoooyaah I can hardly wait. My wallet can but bring it on when you are ready Mongoose. :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Why would I want to get rid of my bugs and MI? Just because Mongoose is going to add even more cool models to the lineup later, does make me dislike the cool models I have already!

Anyway, I like my bug army, it is in Purple with yellow markings, which makes my bugs unique, I'm quite proud of them! :D

Hopefully I'll finish everything in the painting que in the next 8 months. Then see how the new stuff looks and go from there.

-JM

Back