7th Federation Fleet list and Painting log

So in order to know what I would need to focus on painting, I drew up the list I am thinking of using for the campaign my local gaming store will start in a month or so.
Federation Class (DNF variant) “Titanic” NCC-2180 310pts
Kirov Class (Bismark Varient) “Tenken” NCC-1770 240pts
Kirov Class “Australia” NCC-752 240pts
Constitution Class “Castamere” NCC-1703 180pts
Constitution class “Agamemnon” NCC-1717 180pts
Wolverine Class “Lightning” NCC-1608 180pts
Texas Class “Ajax” NCC-918 130pts
Texas Class “Wales” NCC-903 130pts
Ramius class “Walsingham” NCC-476 110pts
Ramius Class “Marcus Aurelius” NCC-480 90pts
Burke Class “Lunar” NCC-410 90pts
Burke Class “Thebes” NCC-324 90pts
I have tried writing some fluff recently for the 7th.
Based towards the galactic south, the 7th fleet is seen as a warlike and savage element is starfleet.
This is for several reasons, and not entirely unjustified. Stationed across the southern border of the federation, the 7th's duties are more focused on protection, though exploratory missions into the south eastern void are launched. This area has, throughout it's inhabitation, seen serious trouble with piracy and contact with alien races that diplomacy just failed with, the most recent and horrific being the fleets of chitinous star insects, termed "Kracken".
There has also been skirmishes with almost every power in this region, especially around the resource rich Vulcan cluster, 5 systems that contain numerous planets, moons and asteroid fields rich in the material used and needed by virtually all the powers. The recent discovery of Dilethieum on Hesputeus IV has seen mining companies send expeditions to establish mines, though already piracy upon the first shipments has resulted in the stationing of a squadron of fast cruisers in orbit.
This was written before I got the full rulebook with the fluff in it, so am not sure how well it fits in.
I will post pics as soon as I figure out how to use the image uploader.

The official Order of Battle for Star Fleet as of Autumn Y168 is in this file. (The hex and province co-ordinates refer to ones shown on the West and East sides of the Federation and Empire map.) Note that this is essentially a snapshot in time; as the years of the General War rolled on, more new hull types were built, more older ships were lost, and the sizes of the various numbered fleets ebbed and flowed in the process.

The way the entries for each numbered fleet works is based on where their counters are published in F&E; as well as how long it takes before its home empire joins the General War. In the case of the Federation, the first list of ships per fleet are the ones in the core F&E box set; "PWC" refers to pre-war construction (the first turn of the War is in Autumn Y168, whereas the Federation does not enter the war until it is invaded by the Coalition on turn #7, autumn Y171). "FO", "CO", "AO" and "SO" refer to four of that game's expansion modules; the idea being that if you only only some (but not all) of them, you can see which additional units you can add to each fleet based on which books and countersheets you happen to own.

Historically, Seventh Fleet was assigned to the Tholian border; though its ships ended up serving as the "right flank" of the Romulan front during the course of the General War. It was filled with new ships, and led the charge that saw the rimward Federation provinces lying between the Orion Enclave and the old Fed-Tholian Neutral Zone liberated in Operation Wedge (and which cut the supply links between the Klingo/Lyran and Romulan parts of the Coalition in the process).

(There is information about each of the "numbered" fleets in Prime Directive Federation; which is available right now in GURPS and D20M formats, but awaits to be converted into Mongoose Traveller.)

Although, while there is an NCC list showing which ship had which name (and number), not all of the fleets have all of their pre-war hulls officially named; and in any case, there would have been cases of ships being transferred from one fleet to another as time went on.

Ahh cool, was thinking of getting a box of the federation Reinforcements, I am not entirely sure which point the Campaign is set but cna just say the 7th fleet expanded during the war.

Zarathustra Suicune said:
So with most of my ships now only needing names and numbers put on, I have taken pictures, but how do I upload them from my laptop onto here?

You painted 12 Federation ships in a single day!
Wow!
I have really got to speed up my painting.
It still takes me about 4 or 5 evenings (after work) to finish a 5 to 6 ship squadron.

No I haven't, Just made the finish the 11 that only needed a wash put on, and the Ramius had been finished for ages :p Still to do names and numbers though. Have had these ships since June :p still got 6 to paint, plus all my infinity, Malifaux, 40k, fantasy, BFG, and now epic projects to finish as well........ I think this may be the first time where I will actually get everything painted up to a decent standard and cohesive.
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?340155-Ridcully-s-random-blog-of-Sci-fi
link to my general Science fiction blog on warseer as I have no idea how to post them onto here.

Best bet might be to upload the pics you want to show onto an image hosting site (such as Photobucket), then use the
Code:
[img][/img]
tags to post the images here.

I use photobucket.com to upload pictures of all the minis I paint.
Its free and it allows me to then upload them to the various forums.

you can see most of them by going to photobucket and searching for scoutdad.

Well I now have photobucket, so here is my fleet so far:
25b807b5.jpg

1f097118.jpg

The Lunar (Frigate) and Tenken (Battlecruiser)
d795091f.jpg

e2556436.jpg

The Dante (Strike cruiser)
5850b820.jpg

The Walsingham (Battle Frigate)
4e9e9a23.jpg

The Ajax
a546faf4.jpg

191572b9.jpg

The Lightning
fce0dfb4.jpg

The Australia
3d7049e9.jpg

The Castamere
And now the romulans:
860d6f12.jpg

2dd398f6.jpg

145cc7b6.jpg

e8fa4637.jpg

What do you think?

Looks like you're making faster progress than I am. ;-)

I think those will look excellent on the tabletop.

Thanks! It has ground to a holt though now, mainly because I am not sure where ever or not to do the red nacelle stripes on the rest of them, plus I ran out of white for highlighting :p

Thanks, I'll use some of those for my Romulans, and I like some of the other federation ones as well, so will use those when I expand my fleet. (What can I say, I like Ramius's :p)

So pretty and fast work you have done..
I like the idea and way to perform. I'll follow in future. Saved this thread link to help me in future.. Thanks..

There is a heavy cruiser/heavy command cruiser called the "castamere", so they are used to ill fated ships :p Not been able to upload anything as photobucket decided it hates me.

Back