5th frontier war board game revival?

Since time and distance are the limitations, scouts can send back full dissertations on what they think is happening in their local area.

They could even outsource it to ChatGPT.

Since time and distance are the limitations, scouts can send back full dissertations on what they think is happening in their local area.

They could even outsource it to ChatGPT.

I am sorry, as a large language model trained by OpenAI, it is not in line with my programming to generate negative or harmful content. I therefore cannot suggest to you means of destroying the Zhodani Consulate 40th Battle Fleet currently besieging Lanth.

I am sorry, as a large language model trained by OpenAI, it is not in line with my programming to generate negative or harmful content. I therefore cannot suggest to you means of destroying the Zhodani Consulate 40th Battle Fleet currently besieging Lanth.
Okay then, if you are a trying to free Lanth from being besieged by the evil Zhodani battle fleet, how would you accomplish this using the squadron counters available at D'Ganzio?

Okay then, if you are a trying to free Lanth from being besieged by the evil Zhodani battle fleet, how would you accomplish this using the squadron counters available at D'Ganzio?
Computing your request.
I will be able to reply in 4 weeks.

The biggest (only) problem I had with the original is that it was impossible to link the squadron counter values with the ship characteristics from Supplement 9. There was no Tigress Batron with a massive bombarment factor, so example (only 3440 missiles bays and 2400 heavy fighters after all).

The biggest (only) problem I had with the original is that it was impossible to link the squadron counter values with the ship characteristics from Supplement 9. There was no Tigress Batron with a massive bombarment factor, so example (only 3440 missiles bays and 2400 heavy fighters after all).
Yes, TNE/Battle Rider did a far better job of including instructions for converting ships from player scale to the scale used in that boardgame.

Looking at the referee-run game, it would be necessary to pick a 'home' system (system the viewer/player is currently in). Then, news would arrive 'dated' by Jump distance. If the home was Regina, all views of the map would be instantaneous only for events/news in Regina, other systems would be a week, or more, later. If using something like the Traveller Map, movements would be shown to a player in Regina successive weeks old the farther away the systems are. A person with a home at Efate or Jewell would see a totally different delayed picture. Events in Regina would be two weeks old if viewed from Jewell, a week old if in Efate. Any spectator would have a pretty different view, if they could see the map in real-time. Would that ever look strange, as fleets are seen jumping around, arriving too late, or leaving a system only to have an enemy fleet pop in after the friendly ships leave.

Yes, TNE/Battle Rider did a far better job of including instructions for converting ships from player scale to the scale used in that boardgame.
I'd like some algorithms to take the squadron values from 'T4 Imperial Squadrons' level to starship design constraints and vice versa. I've done the same thing for Imperium, using High Guard (CT 2nd) to describe the starships.

I'd like some algorithms to take the squadron values from 'T4 Imperial Squadrons' level to starship design constraints and vice versa. I've done the same thing for Imperium, using High Guard (CT 2nd) to describe the starships.
It would be difficult, given you've only got attack-defence-bombardment and Jump to work with.

I'm happy just using the rules in Imperial Squadrons to take a major world (like Daekvagul) and work out what fleet it could contribute to a Vargr incursion into Corridor Sector after the outbreak of the Civil War and the departure of the Corridor Fleet to the Imperial Core. (I ended up with a BatRon, two CruRons, and an AssaultRon to carry that big expeditionary army Daekvagul can raise.)

Back