2nd Edition Techno-Mages

seawolf69

Mongoose
OK after going over second edition some and referring back to the Techno-mages, I dee some possible incompatibilities, possbile game balance issues and general need for a 2nd edition class for Techno-mage.

Is there going to be a conversion of the Techno-mage class to 10 level 2nd edition?

Ron

we're still waiting for a complete conversion document for other classes and prestige classes. I agree though technomages will probably need to be completely re-done.

Chern

2nd Ed Technomages were going to be in Heroes and Allies (or is it Heroes and Aliens now?) any way.. apparently they got cut due to space constraints.. but may (not certain, but may) appear as a future download.

So its a case of wait and fingers crossed.

Babylon 5: Techno-Mages, 2nd Edition
Everyone's favourite bald-headed dispensers of cryptic wisdom, updated for the new edition of the Babylon 5 roleplaying game.

S&P the new one out Friday

lastbesthope said:
Let's hope it has the necessary crunch for conversion.

LBH

It does...and I can say that with certainty as the artilcle and the ones which follow it were written by me ;)

Ok, after my earlier post on the article I have gone through and read it.

Much better than the previous articles, admittedly more of an update than a conversion but then it's all good.

Trouble is, the amount of equipment, feats, classes, etc Mongoose has to do this for, I see many many S&P articles being required.

LBH

Can you tell us more about "the ones which follow it"?

BTW:
Long Ranged Weapon:
This spell increases the ranged category of a ships weapon from Close to Long Range

This ship enhancement isn't very useful, because the Variable Energy Weapon is already a Long Range weapon.

Thomas Weinbrenner said:
Can you tell us more about "the ones which follow it"?

BTW:
Long Ranged Weapon:
This spell increases the ranged category of a ships weapon from Close to Long Range

This ship enhancement isn't very useful, because the Variable Energy Weapon is already a Long Range weapon.

For a pinnace it isnt but then there is nothing to say that Pinnaces are the only vessels used or made by Techno-mages, only that they are the most identifiable and common.

Even the technomages have logistics to worry about lol

Hellhawk said:
Neo said:
lastbesthope said:
Let's hope it has the necessary crunch for conversion.

LBH

It does...and I can say that with certainty as the artilcle and the ones which follow it were written by me ;)

Any news on how to deal with the "Ranged Touch Attack" (see http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20829) thing used with offensive spells in on of these later articles?

Rainer

I think the smplest fix for this problem is to reduce it to its most basic form.

With the B5 RPG the Class Defence bonuses took the place of what an Armour Class bonus in the SRD rules. Becauseof this the simplest way of making a ranged touch attack work in B5 is to simply ignore the Class Defence bonus when making one.

Normal attack roll, is d20 + BAB + modifiers vs. base 10 DV + Dex mod + Class bonus

Ranged Touch attack, d20 + BAB + modifiers vs. base 10 DV + Dex mod.

Back