2300 In Stock ?

My copy got here yesterday from Amazon. Very good job Colin. Though I have found a few mistakes in formatting and what seem to be "cut-and-paste" errors going back to 2320. For example pg. 222 the "First Example Laid Down: 2301" for the OVL-22 seems to be an error, and on pg. 250 the Kennedy class is listed as having "Last Example Laid Down: 2316". As both of these dates are post 2300 I'm assuming they're incorrect. Furthermore with the Kennedy class...where is the (in)famous U.S.S. Sanchez?

I do like the updated timeline a lot. Interestingly, the use of a NEA McGuffin to enhance interest in space exploration was something I used going all the way back to when I played 2300AD in college (1991).

Good job and thanks for keeping 2300AD alive.

Benjamin

Ugh. I thought I had caught those, and sent in the corrections. My apologies.

I'm glad you like it, though.

The book arrived today, first impressions are ok.

For those of you that were up in arms about the new spelling of Kafer to Kaefer, I wouldn't worry as it looks like the writers couldn't make there mind up either and after just a quick flick through I've found Kaefer, Kafer, and Kaafer.

The art work in the book is good most just a reworking of the original art (which is no bad thing), but I would have loved to have seen more, specially in the equipment section where the original had so much more. Maybe the "Tools for Frontier Living" will have more art work for the equipment.

Now back to reading before i post more, I just wanted to get my first impressions down.

Ash

It's supposed to be Kaefer throughout. Kaafer? That's kinda horrible. I wonder how that slipped through?

I would have liked to have seen more art, too. I also wrote 25,000 words extra, which, among other things, meant that there was less room for art

Colin said:
It's supposed to be Kaefer throughout. Kaafer? That's kinda horrible. I wonder how that slipped through?

I would have liked to have seen more art, too. I also wrote 25,000 words extra, which, among other things, meant that there was less room for art

Well look at it this way, you have unintentionally made both sides of the bug-name dispute happy. Or maybe none.

I don't remember the game too well, we're classes/careers similar to Traveler? I remember the gear and nationalities. We just play it too long. I have younger group that might be interested, but I wanted to see what classes are available.
Thanks
Mike

Back