ZD Games Announcement 12-21-10

Hiromoon

Mongoose
Hi guys!

Remember me? Ha!

Well, ZD Games has its first product out, Night Fight, and we have a few others planned out and are hoping to get them out in 2011. In the meantime, here's a treat from the work I did previous to the termination of BF:EV.

PosterEFTFExperiment.jpg

PosterMEAExperiment.jpg

PosterPLAExperiment.jpg

PosterUSMCExperimentv1.jpg

Our planned products for 2011 are 'Modern Combatants: United States Air Force' and 'Variables of War: Urban Combat'.

In addition, there might be some form of Air combat game in the planning stages.

Anyway,

Hiromoon
ZD Games

Good that ZD Games is still alive! 8)

Just out of curiosity, wasn't the United States Air Force already covered in S&P?

Indeed, but we plan on expanding on it, giving the players more options in hardware, as well as a new mechanic that, if it works the first time out of the box, will be included in other air force books.

Also, it will work with the air combat game I've been kicking around these past two years. The hardest part is figuring out the scale of the air craft to use (think Forgeworld's 40k aircraft game, but using Battlefield Evo rules so you can upscale your games).

This tied in a tiered campaign system I worked on for Starship Troopers lets you do linked scenarios on a whole new scale.

The S&P article I wrote was based on the original evo rules, so there were a few things that needed to be tweaked. Also, as stated above, the list is more flushed out and equipment updated. Whether you want to do security forces defending an air base, a combat search and rescue mission behind enemy lines, or you want to suppress enemy air defenses before bringing in the gunships, it will all be covered!

s this based on the playtest rules they did some time ago..?

I wrote a set of rules based off them for aircombat for evo about 3 years ago, but could not get anybody into Evo at the time... i look forward to finding out more on the air combat game when the time comes...

Nope, I didn't have access to the play test rules, so this is sort of home brewed.

As it stands, we're looking something actually inspired by the anime Area 88. I gotta find more stuff. :D

Back