Zamoran or Zamorian?

Iron_Chef

Mongoose
The name of the country is Zamora, yet for some reason they are called Zamorians in the Conan RPG when they are called Zamorans in the books and comics. Why is that? Which is correct?

Robert E. Howard called them Zamorians. Read the second paragraph of The Tower of the Elephant for an easy to find example.

The pastiche writers call them Zamorans.

The Conan RPG correctly stays with REH's nomenclature.

I never like the term Zamorian either and preferred Zamoran, but if REH stated it..so be it I guess. Darfari, Pelistim, Cimmerian, Wazuli, etc. are examples where REH didn't find it that important to have consistency..I probably wouldn't hold it against anyone who wrote a scenario that called them any of the following:
Zamoran
Zamorian
Zamori
Zamorean
Zamorite
Zamor

:)

jh

Emirikol said:
I never like the term Zamorian either and preferred Zamoran, but if REH stated it..so be it I guess. Darfari, Pelistim, Cimmerian, Wazuli, etc. are examples where REH didn't find it that important to have consistency..I probably wouldn't hold it against anyone who wrote a scenario that called them any of the following:
Zamoran
Zamorian
Zamori
Zamorean
Zamorite
Zamor

:)

jh

I can agree with this compleatly. :)

Linguistically, which term is correct? Zamoran sounds right to me. Like someone from America is an American, not an Americian. Is this a Howard goof-up, because all the later material uses "Zamoran".

Also, how is the country name pronounced? In the Conan movie, it is called "zah-MO-rah" and sounds very exotic, but I'm prone to say it as "Za-MOR-ah". Is this the stupid American in me trying to make everything sound bland? :oops:

Back