Zakhan Moudalla versus Zakhan Abdallah

Kojiro

Mongoose
I was just reading through my core book and noticed what seemed to be an inconsistency in the Gazetteer. Under the entry for Vassagonia it says that Zakhan Abdallah rules Vassagonia. Under the entry for Anari in the Future Events section it says that the current Zakhan is Moudalla of House Vakeesh and is organizing together an attempt to take over Anari once and for all. So which is right? Or is it the same Zakhan and his full name is Moudalla Abdallah of House Vakeesh?

In the gamebooks, it was Moudallah who was the Zakhan prior to Kimah taking over in Book 5. A lot of the gazetteer is written as if it were 5050, so my guess is that Moudallah is correct. Or perhaps Abdallah ruled before Moudallah? Take your pick.

-GB

I'll have to admit that Moudalla was pretty elderly by the time of book 5. Heck, he died before Lone Wolf could meet him. And Abdallah... never heard of the guy. I suppose one could also assume the Zakhan changes sometime in mid 5000 MS.

im sure the "future events" say something of a revolution or something in the air, good time to lose a zakhan, ill be sure to locate the text and post it if you'd like

Kojiro said:
I'll have to admit that Moudalla was pretty elderly by the time of book 5. Heck, he died before Lone Wolf could meet him. And Abdallah... never heard of the guy. I suppose one could also assume the Zakhan changes sometime in mid 5000 MS.

Kimah had him assassinated (though there is no hard evidence of this it is pretty darned obvious...). I don't think that he died of old age.

Lykaios said:
Kojiro said:

Kimah had him assassinated (though there is no hard evidence of this it is pretty darned obvious...). I don't think that he died of old age.

not a single Zakhan died of old age, thats for sure :)

Lykaios said:
Kojiro said:

However, it does say in Shadow on the Sand under the"Story So Far" section that Moudalla is "old and frail."

Kojiro said:
However, it does say in Shadow on the Sand under the"Story So Far" section that Moudalla is "old and frail."

All the easier to smite him dead.

Anonymous said:
Kojiro said:

Whoops, that was me. I thought I was logged in. To expand on this, I'd say Moudalla, by virtue of the fact that he is old and frial, was probably ruler for quite some time before Kimah. The reason being that it's not all that easy to secure a position as Zahkan, and honestly, someone who is old and frail probably couldn't make the count.

Hence this one being "ousted"

Anonymous said:
Anonymous said:
Kojiro said:

Whoops, that was me. I thought I was logged in. To expand on this, I'd say Moudalla, by virtue of the fact that he is old and frial, was probably ruler for quite some time before Kimah. The reason being that it's not all that easy to secure a position as Zahkan, and honestly, someone who is old and frail probably couldn't make the count.

Hence this one being "ousted"

I swear I logged in that time...

Back