Your Traveller Rock Band

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
You have been given a Touring Ship from Adventure Class Ships.

One side of the hull folds down into a stage so rock bands can perform live on different worlds.

So... what is your Traveller rock band called?

Touring Ship.jpg

Honestly, I could just go with "G'naakbusters". I'm sure the K'kree Ambassador would protest on the grounds of trivialising or mocking the Mandate of the People or something, but I doubt anyone would particularly care...

An Acid Vargr Goth Nouveau Punk band named 'Vilani Growl featuring ShowTeeth'...

- Super charismatic Vargr ingenue ShowTeeth on lead howl... she's known for being able to hold high-octave howls for minutes at a time; the music press has said 'she must have vocal chords made out of guitar strings';
- Human ex-Marine Commando Warren Yates Polivolo [aka 'What's Your Problem'] on drums, logs, xylophone, and pretty much anything else you can hit with a stick; he's trying to buy his old Battle Dress helmet to use as low-tone tom-tom, but IMC officials are 'reluctant'....
- Hlanssai Tleshvroll on whatever he/she decides to play that night [they also like to dress in outlandish costume, so 'spotting Tlesh' is a fan activity at shows]
- And an often rotating cast of characters who drift in and out of the band as interpersonal relationships allow. These are ten or twelve equally outrageous artistes with egos to match... The band's press package features towering shouting matches, exotic substance abuse, rants on stage, and more make-ups and break-ups than a Denebian telenovela. There is a betting pool being run from the Mora Highport on which of these personalities will be with the band on it's next album.
- The long awaited sequel to the band's critically acclaimed last album, the multi-Iridium selling 'Tavrchedle' Brain Buzz' is expected the to drop on Holiday 1108, with simultaneous releases at Regina/Regina, Pretoria/Pretoria, Rhylanor/Rhylanor, Magash/Sabine, and Mora/Mora.

Last edited:
Meteor Burn - Known for slow builds, deafening finishes, and fantastic light shows. The best concert shirts at the merch booth are high lumen holographic depictions of those light shows.

Stampede - Fairly straightforward Terran retro Rock, but with a signature "two drummer" sound that is actually a Virushi with an appropriate drum kit for four arms and full strength. Using a ship-deployed stage for the current tour allowed the band to give him a full orchestral percussion setup without synth, and he's loving the genuine tympani.

Bloodvaark - Brooding metal act with a disturbingly cute mascot that they sell a LOT of related merch for. Closet animal rights activists.

Don't forget the out of this world sound.

But does the state have full life support so it can be deployed on those lifeless rockballs or hostile environments or even out in space. Pop over to the nearest naval depot and give a show to all the watching naval ships.

Devin Townsend would use that ship to tour with Ziltoid looking for the Universe's ultimate cup of coffee.

Pewakwa Bawabkaerwa-paaba-a
An all-Bwap revue of "the love songs humaniti should have written."
High-concept with a loyal, if eccentric, following.

"Bwap-O-Rama" - all Bwap female pop music trio. Past hits include "Dual Summer", "It Ain't The Forms You Do" (with Fun Bwap Three), and "Venus".

Why yes, that IS Flake Lorenz dressed like a Bond villain in a glitter suit and a static electricity machine ON A TREADMILL.
Why do you ask?
Seriously, this is the most organized thing I have ever seen 25000 Frenchmen do.

Three videos that scream Traveller to me.

Starship Velociraptor by Galacktikraken

10,000 Light Years by Galacktikraken

The Red Comet - The Red Baron by Sabaton

Interstella 5555 HD w/ Subtitles

I love this movie and those who created it so that a young kid like me could experience this beautiful animated musical… Thank you...

This is the movie means a lot to me, because as a 5 year old and on I was really into math and learned that 5^3 = 125 and soon later this movie released and I started thinking about how 5^4 is 5×5×5×5 = 625. Following this I not only gained an appreciation for those numbers, but also one for animation and music~

IMDb credits:
Release date: November 10, 2003 (USA)

Directors: Leiji Matsumoto, Kazuhisa Takenouchi, Daisuke Nishio, Hirotoshi Rissen

Music by: Daft Punk; (featuring); Romanthony; Todd Edwards; DJ Sneak

Guitarist: Arpegius fandom.com

Japanese: インターステラ5555

Last edited:
Back