Your Kung Fu is.... missing?

Brucifer

Mongoose
Ok so the centauri book is probably the best so far - the game of houses, stats fo the XOn and massdriver rules.

But where oh where is the Tronno dude?

The Minbari book was missing the blade dancing thing, and now another important piece of rules/background appears at least to be missing.

If its not too much trouble could someone post some rules for it?

Ta
:evil:

Brucifer said:
Ok so the centauri book is probably the best so far - the game of houses, stats fo the XOn and massdriver rules.

But where oh where is the Tronno dude?

The Minbari book was missing the blade dancing thing, and now another important piece of rules/background appears at least to be missing.

If its not too much trouble could someone post some rules for it?

Ta
:evil:

Hi Brucifer.

Mongoose August posted an answer to this over in the Centauri Republic Fact Book thread. Here is a link to his post: Fact Book thread.

Hope this helps,

Chobbly

Brucifer wrote:
The Minbari book was missing the blade dancing thing
Mongoose August Wrote:
The Turs Andayr feat

You have studied the dangerous art of the Crimson Dance, the knife-wielding combat style of the Minbari.

Prerequisite: 4+ ranks in Perform (dance), BAB 1+, Minbari (or Games Master's approval)

Benefit: When armed with a Minbari fighting knife in each hand, you may take a full attack action to strike the blades together during a single attack. This limits you to one attack this round and inflicts a penalty of -2 to hit, but a successful melee attack inflicts +3 damage and forces the target to make a Will Save (DC equals 10 + your ranks in Perform) or suffer a -1 circumstance penalty to attack and damage rolls for the next 2 rounds.

This penalty is cumulative, but only if it comes from other attackers with the Turs Andayr feat. The penalty is sonic-based and a target with any form of protection from sonic attack is immune to the effect (but not the additional damage).

The danger in using the Dance of Crimson comes in the possiblity of injuring yourself with its close-body manoeuvres. If the Turs Andayr special attack misses, you take your Strength bonus in slashing damage (minimum of one point) and must make the same save as listed above. If you fail, you suffer the same -1 penalty and may not attack using this feat until its detrimental effect ends.

Hope this helps.

I was thinking of changing Dodge arrow to Dodge PPG. It uses the same rules for Dodge arrow but the character dodges out of the way of the energy bolt from an PPG.

Oh I forgot to add to the above that Stunning Fist would be Stunning Feet for a Centauri that has be trained in the Tronno martial arts style.

There's light years of difference in a PPG shot and an arrow. I'm not sure I'd willingly transfer such a feet over to the B5 universe.

ronbogard said:
I was thinking of changing Dodge arrow to Dodge PPG. It uses the same rules for Dodge arrow but the character dodges out of the way of the energy bolt from an PPG.

The problem with this is an arrow travels at about 100-200 MPH (top of the head guestimate, I do not have hard figures in front of me). A PPG blast is a light speed (or nearly light speed) weapon. Simply put, a PPG blast travels at a velocity in the order of more than 100 TIMES faster (a lot more than 100 times actualy). This feat just does not fit the setting....

Beyond the fact that it turns B5 into a John Woo film, the dodge arrow feat is meant to stop projectile and thrown weapons in the D&D system not ray attacks or ranged touch attacks (if memory serves me right)

The B5 system kind of makes all attacks ranged touch attacks (since armour provides DR not DV (usually))

But one could make a certain martial style that focuses on defense give bonuses to DV or Reflex as long as no armour is worn.

Now that I can see. There are quite a few ways of moving that will make it harder for someone to hit you. However, this usually comes at a sacrifice of your ability to hit someone back. Maybe have work like expertise, give up a portion of your base attack bonus in order to increase your defensive value. Increase the max possible as the martial artist increases in level.

The other part of this is that most martial artists will have nothing like this unless they are actually engaged in hand-to-hand combat. It would take some very special training in order to use this for ranged combat. The problem lies in the fact that you can not use ANY sort of blocking technique against firearms. This is what comprises the majority of defensive techniques within the martial arts world. In ranged combat you actually have to move your body's center of gravity to hope to be at all effective against firearms.

How about the way Cain dodged bullets in the old Kung Fu TV series?

I got the impression that he watched the shooter and could figure where the bullet would go so he could avoid it.

By the way, I really doubt that a PPG's charge would move at the speed of light. It isn't a laser, you know.

Sidney

El Cid said:
By the way, I really doubt that a PPG's charge would move at the speed of light. It isn't a laser, you know.

Sidney

I agree, PPG shots seem to more quite slowly, maybe it's just cinematic, but for me they seem to move much slower than an old fashioned slugthrower.

I think that was just cinematic. PPG pulses would definitely be way transsonic, maybe even a significant percentage of lightspeed, like maybe 5%, but nowhere near full lightspeed.

Yup cinematic just like turbo lasers, phasers and photon torpedoes one can see but are able to hit objects moving at relativist speeds...

Well, I can't really say much...

...but Tronno and a few others of its ilk WILL be covered elsewhere.

Sorry for the secrecy, but I'm only freelance...and can't legally offer info other than "wait, you'll be happy".

8)

Bryan Steele
Ursa's Den Freelance

Back