Your Cybernet timeline

A

Anonymous

I was just curious about your campaign's timeline and events.

How have the governments changed?
What is the Tech level of your campaign?
How has the culture changed and do you have entire sections of cities inhabited by the homeless, are there combat zones in cities?
How have the countries changed?

Those are just a few questions that I have, feel free to share more about your campaign.

Later,

Socket

I haven't put much thought into this one yet... about the actual year... but I did refer to "Old New York" in one portion of a bio for a NPC I'm creating... so it's sometime in the future.

I do like Blade Runner... so, despite the year being way off... I like the gritty look & feel of that movie and would see my campaign best fitting into its timeline and era.

- Stratos

Current Setting: Near future, the players are part of a secret government project(ala $6mil man) called the X-Posers(yeah the players hate it too ;)). Their job is to track down supposed supernatural events and expose the truth. Basically at the end of each session. The player you'd normally give the bonus XP to for excellent RP also gets a copy of the latest supermarket tabloid and gets to choose a stupid story to investigate. That week I'll work up the adventure and repeat. Of course said secret gov project isn't the only one's to have developed cybertech....

I know it's cheesy but it's something I'm running until I can flesh out my 'real' setting. It's a good introduction for the players as we don't have to worry too much about wealth, restrictions, the web, and it's pretty light-hearted etc...and they come up with the plot hooks for me to work up.

Shadetree said:
Current Setting: Near future, the players are part of a secret government project(ala $6mil man) called the X-Posers(yeah the players hate it too ;)). Their job is to track down supposed supernatural events and expose the truth. Basically at the end of each session. The player you'd normally give the bonus XP to for excellent RP also gets a copy of the latest supermarket tabloid and gets to choose a stupid story to investigate. That week I'll work up the adventure and repeat. Of course said secret gov project isn't the only one's to have developed cybertech....

I know it's cheesy but it's something I'm running until I can flesh out my 'real' setting. It's a good introduction for the players as we don't have to worry too much about wealth, restrictions, the web, and it's pretty light-hearted etc...and they come up with the plot hooks for me to work up.

That sounds pretty cool!
It lets the players choose what they want to do. You could throw in Dark Matter type stuff easily and realy go to town!!

Grid said:
My setting is from Gibsons Neuromancer. My RP work as freelancers in Tokyo, Chiba City.

Grid

Neuromancer was in mind when I wrote the music to the soundtrack! However, I opted to head to China over Japan... Japan was overused (IMO) in the movie adaptations... so I sent my characters to 'Beijing City @ 10pm' for a little 'Livewire Voodoo' trip! :)

- Stratos

My campaign takes place in 2054 in northern Europe (yeah that's where I come from!). After the two corporate wars (the first of which left USA all but bleeding to death) governments have no real influence, and have been reduced to a nuisance to most corporations. Actually it was corporate funding to the President of the USA, and a bit too much influence on this guy, that started the first war. So now noone trusts the governments of the world.
So we're stuck with a might is right cold war situation in which the PC's try to make a living. So far they are working for a corp named DRACO (Damage Reduction and Armour Company) doing their dirty work. (Hope my players aren't reading this!).
This corp. runs their business out of Sub-city (it's a small city ok?) whose original name might have been Suburbiana, but noone really remembers... and noone really cares for that matter. In this city, so far, there is a corp. sector, a living sector (people like you and me), the sprawls, a combat zone (although my players don't know as of yet) and then there is T-Town. Originally named Tart Town, this part of the city is where the whores reside and rule. If you have the money they'll give you the time of your life. But if you take anything in T-Town without paying... there'll be plenty of freebies; lead, wood and earth on top. (Shamelessly stolen from Frank Millers Sin City for those who hadn't figured it out).
Well that's my campaign shortly. Don't tell my players...

- Sonny

Working up the framework for my campaign. I'm using all my CP2020 books (I'm missing about 5 for the complete set of everything printed from 1989 to current). It's taking place in Chicago though, since I live there :)

The year is 2120 though. I just can't see this kind of tech increase 9cyberware, neural nets, etc..) comming about in less than 100 years.

I've also altered the history a wee bit. The U.S. is not THAT torn to shreds, but it's close. Chicago has a space port for ease of transitioning the players into LEO & the moon.

I'm working on writeups of hover vehicles & police aerodynes as I LOVE those!!

Slingbld~

The year is 2080. Arcane magic has been rediscovered. FTL drives have been developed using magic and technology. Think spelljammer, but with the freedom of using the ship without a magic-user powering the vessel or speed. Corporations are vying for control of the people. Skycity is blossoming isto a huge metropolis, always on the verge of a corporate takeover. PCs are agents of the Galactic Republic trying to free Earth from the Corporate Psilords enforcing their will upon others. Think Alternity now. The corporations have developed starships to explore and colonize new worlds. The VirtualNet is accessible to anyone who is employed. Borgs are quite common sights.

Would you like to know more?

I am baiseing my game in 2050
the Moon has 4 major citys on it and Mars has 2
I add in the blade runner tech and what not for fealing
aswell as the turning of detroit city into a sity-state trying to sucseed from the USA. and the adition of Canada into the USA by threat of armed conflict in 2023.
the soviat union reformed aswell in 2020.

Back